Thread: Mouse pointer issue

Beans

Mouse pointer issue

I am having a minor issue with my mouse pointer. I have downloaded a particular theme I would like to use instead of the plain old default theme and installed it properly (I think). When I try to use it, the theme only works partially when I hover my mouse over a browser window or some other applications. The theme goes back to default when I hover my mouse over my empty desktop or the docks. I have tried restarting x like you should and rebooting my computer with no luck at all. I saw a thread with the similar issue but it hasn't been updated since August of this year with a resolution. So, I'm hoping that someone out there has experienced this just recently as well and can clue in on what can be done to resolve this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Mouse pointer issue

Go to the Compiz Config Settings Manager. Click on General Options. Under cursor themes type in the name of the theme (write the name of the theme as you see it the appearance settings) and it should work.

Beans

I actually upgraded to 8.10 and extracted the theme to /usr/share/icons directory and all is well, but I will keep your suggestion in mind, superman2020, if it happens again. Thanks for the reply, though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks suprman2020 - I had the same issue and that worked for me.
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.