Thread: Hiding selected volumes on desktop

Beans

Question Hiding selected volumes on desktop

Hi there. I've been playing with funionfs (available in Hardy's universe) and it seems to work nicely. However my mount points end up displayed on my desktop and I don't like that. (However, I don't want to hide all volumes on desktop because that's the easiest way by far AFAIK to deal with usb sticks.)

This bug would seem to deal with the subject but I didn't manage to make it work. https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source...fs2/+bug/34886

Could someone give it a try?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Hiding selected volumes on desktop

Quote Originally Posted by glotz View Post
    Hi there. I've been playing with funionfs (available in Hardy's universe) and it seems to work nicely. However my mount points end up displayed on my desktop and I don't like that. (However, I don't want to hide all volumes on desktop because that's the easiest way by far AFAIK to deal with usb sticks.)

This bug would seem to deal with the subject but I didn't manage to make it work. https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source...fs2/+bug/34886

Could someone give it a try?
    Not sure what funionfs is but when I used a DE I didn't like that some partitions showed up on the desktop (I just wanted the USB-stick to show up, not, for example, the windows partition. I solved this by mounting them under /mnt instead of under /media. This probably varies between DE's but it might be worth a try (I used XFCE4 and I think it by default shows all partitions mounted under /media on the desktop).

/mojoman

Beans

Re: Hiding selected volumes on desktop

Ah, nice, it works! Actually I had it mounted under my home folder in a random folder.