Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Difficulties logging in

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Difficulties logging in

Quote Originally Posted by FuturePilot View Post
    Most likely. I've seen a number of different urls in Google's results. ph. being one other them. How it actually gets there, I have no clue.
    Do the admins know about this? and it not be resolved? It seems that *.ubuntuforums.org | *.ubuntuforums.com points to the same server, and same vhost. This is a valid url
    http://asdfasdfasdf . ubuntuforums . org
    I added spaces as I do not want Google re-indexing odd stuff that it shouldn't.

I would submit this as a bug. mainly because logins and preferences do not carry through with the subdomains. Can we not redirect the browser for any thing that is not ubuntuforums.org/ ?

Beans
    Hidden!

That issue has been discussed time and again. I don't know, however, if any kind of resolution has been arrived at.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by pp. View Post
    That issue has been discussed time and again. I don't know, however, if any kind of resolution has been arrived at.
    clearly it hasn't if it still happening.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by drubin View Post
    Do the admins know about this? and it not be resolved? It seems that *.ubuntuforums.org | *.ubuntuforums.com points to the same server, and same vhost. This is a valid url I added spaces as I do not want Google re-indexing odd stuff that it shouldn't.

I would submit this as a bug. mainly because logins and preferences do not carry through with the subdomains. Can we not redirect the browser for any thing that is not ubuntuforums.org/ ?
    Is there a reason why the 404 error page is infact the index.php?
    http : // ubuntuforums. org/foo/bar/nothing loads up the forum index(Clearly with the relative css paths messed up.

The same would go for /showthreadd.php how are people to know the url was not valid if you direct them to the main index page with no warning? Is this a config choice of the admins or default forum behavior.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12