Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Triple boot

Beans

Re: Triple boot

Well, back to square one. I tried to install from that new live CD (which booted fine and all), but after restart, I'm back with the same Windows XP and Ubuntu 8.04 (wubi) Grub. No trace of my new install in the Grub menu...

I'm starting to feel a lack of love on Ubuntu's part...

Beans

So what happened after you reinstalled Grub via your post #20? When you rebooted to your sdc drive, did you get the same Grub error 2?

Beans

Yes! That did it! The first time around, I did not follow the instruction properly. I had entered the commands, but without changing the boot order of the drives. Now I did it and it works! The only quirky thing is that if I choose to boot XP, it takes me to the other grub. But that's ok, I can live with that. If everything goes well, I'll probably migrate in a more permanent fashion later.

How do I add a thank you to your profile?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dakkar9999 View Post
    Yes! That did it! The first time around, I did not follow the instruction properly. I had entered the commands, but without changing the boot order of the drives. Now I did it and it works! The only quirky thing is that if I choose to boot XP, it takes me to the other grub. But that's ok, I can live with that. If everything goes well, I'll probably migrate in a more permanent fashion later.

How do I add a thank you to your profile?
    If you want to fix your Windows problem, and if you have your Windows Install CD, just boot the Windows Install CD, go to the "recovery console", and run:
    Code:
    fixmbr
    fixboot
    Anyway, glad it's working for you now. About adding "thanks", you can do that by clicking on the little red medal in the lower right corner of a message. Cheers and have fun.

Beans

Thanks! I'll hold on to the other grub for now. I still need access to the 8.04 version for a bit.

Thanks again for your patience!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123