Thread: nVidia Driver Intrepid with Quadro NVS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Angry nVidia Driver Intrepid with Quadro NVS

Afternoon, all. I've been having trouble getting the nVidia driver to work on my laptop under Intrepid.

I've had problems before with this, and previously, I was able to get it going using nvidia-glx rather than nvidia-glx-new under Hardy.

This time, however, I can't get it to come up at all under the following conditions:

1. 177 install under 64-bit
    2. all other available installs under 64-bit
    3. all installs under 32-bit
    4. Manual install on 32-bit

I get no errors on the install, the system simply won't bring up any screens when booting with that driver.

Anyone manage to get this working yet under these conditions (Dell Latitude D820)?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: nVidia Driver Intrepid with Quadro NVS

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDeGruven View Post
    Afternoon, all. I've been having trouble getting the nVidia driver to work on my laptop under Intrepid.

I've had problems before with this, and previously, I was able to get it going using nvidia-glx rather than nvidia-glx-new under Hardy.

This time, however, I can't get it to come up at all under the following conditions:

1. 177 install under 64-bit
    2. all other available installs under 64-bit
    3. all installs under 32-bit
    4. Manual install on 32-bit

I get no errors on the install, the system simply won't bring up any screens when booting with that driver.

Anyone manage to get this working yet under these conditions (Dell Latitude D820)?
    I have the exact same laptop as yours and I was only able to get the screen working after I did a kernel update via synaptic.

However, when I dock the laptop the screen blacks out.

Grif