Thread: blck box when hovering over anything

Beans

Question blck box when hovering over anything

I just upgraded to Intrepid and it did screw with my appearance and theme but most of that was resolved. But one thing I can't figure out is that whenever I hover over anything, the box that pops up is just black.

I tried both nvidia accelerated driver versions 177 and 173, neither solved this. I tried looking through some settings in compiz, but you'd be surprised how much you hover over things to get more information about it, and obviously I can't do that right now.

Beans

Re: blck box when hovering over anything

Anyone have any idea about this? Here's a screen shot of the problem. It happens for any hover text, not just firefox.

Beans

I had this problem and solved by following general troubleshooting instructions on the Compiz wiki (google).But I don't know if your problem is compiz related since your post only mentions nvidia.

Beans

I do not think this it is a problem with compiz as it still happens even when I am not using compiz at all. The troubleshooting guide of the compiz wiki had a section that was just for black windows. I just have black hover text. I tried their solution anyway, but it didn't work. Any other ideas?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sneakysteve View Post
    I do not think this it is a problem with compiz as it still happens even when I am not using compiz at all. The troubleshooting guide of the compiz wiki had a section that was just for black windows. I just have black hover text. I tried their solution anyway, but it didn't work. Any other ideas?
    I never meant the black window bug since that is clearly unrelated.I was just wondering if your problem was compiz related.Maybe someone else can suggest something.Only thing i can think of is to check
    appearence>theme>customize>colors and see what colors are selected there.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal0505 View Post
    Only thing i can think of is to check
    appearence>theme>customize>colors and see what colors are selected there.
    Embarrassingly enough, that was what was wrong. Text and bgcolor were both set to black. Don't know how that happened, but thanks.

Beans

Glad I could help