Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaunty Jackalope's Art Theme

Beans
    Hidden!

Question Jaunty Jackalope's Art Theme

Does anyone know if this release will feature a new theme?
    Honestly it hasn't changed much since.. 7.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Jaunty Jackalope's Art Theme

Well, who knows ?... perhaps a "never ending" Debian discussion...

It is promised from sabdfl himself...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

install the community-themes package in 8.10's synaptic and give the Dust theme a go. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/DustTheme

Beans

They better change it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

UDS is in Moutain View CA. December 8th - 12th this time around. If you feel that strongly about theming, go and make yourself heard. It would probably be a good thing to bring some artwork with you .

Jim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by MilesRdz View Post
    Actually, the current look of Human was introduced in 6.06. A new community theme was planned for 6.10 but didn't make the cut, and things have been floating along since with a few occasional tweaks (apart from the new wallpapers).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I love Ubuntu, but what were they thinking!

The Jackalope is a Rabbit infected with the Shope papilloma virus.

Sad and ugly, I felt sick when I saw these pics.

http://ww2.lafayette.edu/~hollidac/jacksforreal.html

Beans
    Distro

the Ibex and the heron weren't bad but if they come up with a deformed rabbit as a background this time I'll puke .
    if it ain't broke you haven't tweaked it enough

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MilesRdz View Post
    Does anyone know if this release will feature a new theme?
    I've never really had a problem with it myself. I dabble in compiz, emerald and all that and I always seem to come back to "the human look". I found it refreshing after years and years of light blue, dark blue, blue with red, blue with white, and on and on ....

What sort of color theme do you have in mind as a replacement?
    http://www.tmrepository.com/about/

Windows 7 is so much better.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

A jackalope is not a real animal, it is a folkloric animal. Some believe it to be inspired by rabbits infected with the Shope papilloma virus. Just like some people believe that dragons were inspired by dinosaur bones. That does not make dragons dinosaurs but something completely different and fictional. It is just as likely that jackalopes were inspired by a species of jackrabbit called the antelope jackrabbit, because of its ability to run quickly like an antelope. In closing I will leave you with this much more interesting or romantic idea of a jackalope.

The jackalope is an antlered species of rabbit, unfortunately rumored to be extinct, though occasional sightings of this rare creature continue to occur, suggesting that pockets of jackalope populations continue to persist in its native home, the American West.

The jackalope is an aggressive species, willing to use its antlers to fight. Thus, it is also sometimes called the "warrior rabbit."

Jackalopes possess an uncanny ability to mimic human sounds. In the old West, when cowboys would gather by their campfires to sing at night, jackalopes would frequently be heard singing back, mimicking the voices of the cowboys. Jackalopes become especially vocal before thunderstorms, perhaps because they mate only when lightning flashes (or so it is theorized).

When chased, the jackalope will use its vocal abilities to elude capture. For instance, when chased by people it will call out phrases such as, "There he goes, over there," in order to throw pursuers off its track. The best way to catch a jackalope is to lure it with whiskey, as they have a particular fondness for this drink. Once intoxicated, the animal becomes slower and easier to hunt.

Jackalope milk is particularly sought after because it is believed to be a powerful aphrodisiac (for which reason, the jackalope is also sometimes referred to as the 'horny rabbit'). However, it can be incredibly dangerous to milk a jackalope, and any attempt to do so is not advised. A peculiar feature of the milk is that it comes from the animal already homogenized on account of the creature's powerful leaps.

Only in the world of Linux would you find a thread discussing the finer points of whisky drinking, aphrodisiac producing rabbits.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast