Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8.10 doesn't start properly on Acer Aspire 5050 / stalls at "Checking battery state."

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: 8.10 doesn't start properly on Acer Aspire 5050 / stalls at "Checking battery sta

What I write is before formating. It don't change your hdd. You can try

Beans

Re: 8.10 doesn't start properly on Acer Aspire 5050 / stalls at "Checking battery sta

I ran into this issue last night myself on a Dell 9100 laptop. Performing a upgrade left the laptop hanging at Checking Battery State. Booting from the LiveCD hangs there as well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Try this then, when the Live CD gets stuck, switch to another tty by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1 and post the output of this(if possible):-
    Code:
    cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep EE
    The username and password if required are "ubuntu", I think.
    Think carefully before executing commands containing "rm", especially "sudo rm -rf ", if you require more information concerning this matter, read this.
    I am an experimenter, give me the most stable OS and I can make it unstable in a few hours.

C == seriously fast == FTW!

Beans

I got my laptop back up. Seems as it has something to do with the fglrx module not loading. When I switched back to the radeon driver everything works.

modprobe fglrx results in a Fatal: Error inserting fglrx Cannot Allocate memory

Beans

Upgrade/Downgrade your BIOS to 3303, everything works just great, but sound.

ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/noteboo.../bios/3303.zip

Then just add this to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base:

options snd-hda-intel model=acer-aspire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12