Thread: No shutdown sound

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

No shutdown sound

How to get the shutdown sound working in Intrepid?

Beans

Re: No shutdown sound

Ibex is the same then? It's been like this for the last few releases hasn't it? I haven't had a shutdown sound play since Feisty.
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I haven't either. If you check your sound applet shutdown sounds still there. I found this is an ongoing bug:
    Wonder why taking so long.
    But I'm assuming
    1. Something to do with pulseaudio changes.
    2. They are too busy with the big stuff?

Beans

I suppose it doesn't matter really. There are bigger issues for sure. But it's odd that it should be such a long standing issue. My bet is it's a PulseAudio thing too.

If it's any consolation, I'm also using Mandriva 2009 KDE4 and that doesn't have a log in sound. Again, I'm betting PulseAudio. My last Windows install had all sorts of audio bugs though, and I'm not just saying that. So, on balance I'll take some heart from that. I'm sure the Ubuntu team will figure it out soon enough.

There is a hack workaround somewhere on the forums (for Hardy though), but it had the effect of messing up my shutdown splash. Have a search about, you may find it. If I find it I'll post back for you.

EDIT: Found it. Click here.
    Last edited by BigSilly; October 31st, 2008 at 01:26 PM.
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti