Thread: PCSX issues...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

PCSX issues...

I installed pcsx 1.13 and have been having some success with it on the one PSX game I still play, (trying to finish the blamed thing!) Altus' Thousand Arms. The game works as well as could be expected given the limitations of the program itself (no plugins for anything) but I am having three issues with it and was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on fixing them?

1) If I'm playing audio in any other program pcsx crashes at start and refuses to run. This means I have to shut down Rhythmbox to play. Any one know what I need to change to make it work without having full control over the audio hardware?

2) Compiz enabled means that menus won't work worth a crap, but I know enough to be able to launch the program with the arrow keys...its annoying though and since I only play one game, I'd like to know if there is a setting I can set to make it automatically load my ISO at start?

3) I've gotten used to using ESC to exit menus in other Linux games and apps, but in pcsx this means to close the program! I can't tell you how many times I spent an hour or two or three playing the game only to screw myself out of all that effort by hitting the ESC button instead of the keyboard buttons mapped for exiting the menu... Can anyone tell me how I can disable this?

Thanks in advance!

--bornagainpenguin
    Have a Virgin Mobile USA smartphone?
    Check these guys out!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: PCSX issues...

PCSX2 and PS2 emulation are still very raw.

1) Have you tried any other music programs?

2) That may be a GFX Card related issue... but i think theres a plugin on their forums, so it's best to see there.

Best of Luck,
    Kris
    Proudly using ubuntu, since 2005

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: PCSX issues...

@WestAussieUbu: he's talking about PSX emulation not PS2

@OP: what version of ubuntu are you running? i ran into these audio issues with hardy heron but so far i have not noticed them in intrepid ibex.