Thread: Taskbar master volume control not working...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Taskbar master volume control not working...

Hi all.

Really enjoying Hardy installation, everything is running well with one odd exception - the master volume control in my taskbar will not adjust sound volume in any of my media applications (Totem, audacious, banshee, Firefox flash videos).

Volume can be adjusted in each application but I would like to be able to do it from the taskbar.

I don't want to play around with too many settings, so not sure if it's something simple or I have to download drivers...

In System > Preferences > Sound everything is set to 'Autodetect', and when opening the sound properties of 'SiS SI7012 (Alsa mixer)' everything looks OK.

Is this a known bug or something I may have done??

Thanks in advance for any advice,

RoyJ
    Registered Ubuntu User # 11409 | Ubuntu Linux - better than a Lamborghini!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Taskbar master volume control not working...

The volume control applet may be set to adjust the wrong audio interface. Try creating a new one by right-clicking the panel, clicking add to panel, and pick the volume control applet. If that doesn't work, right click the applet and select open volume control and try different devices from the drop down.

Beans

Talking [SOLVED] Re: Taskbar master volume control not working...

Jebus, you've pointed me in the right direction, but that didn't quite do it for me. Here's what did it for me instead:

I right-clicked the volume control, selected "Preferences", and selected "PCM", and that did the trick! Now, I can control the volume of ANYTHING from that one single volume control!
    Last edited by fredbird67; November 25th, 2008 at 01:01 AM.
    Have you heard that Microsoft bought Hoover Vacuum? Now they finally have a product that doesn't suck!