Thread: Windows Live Hotmail Wave 3 Rendered Useless

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Angry [Solved] Windows Live Hotmail Wave 3 Rendered Useless

First, let me premise by saying I haven't check the functionality on a Windows machine. That being said, here is the deal.

Two days ago, I fell victim to MS's Wave 3 roll out. I am running Hardy with Firefox 3.0.3, using "User Agent" when necessary. The old version of Live forced me into using classic, which was fine, annoying, but fine. Now under the Wave 3 roll out, there is not "classic" bypass. I was actually excited when I started to use it though. The autocomplete contact was working great, but when tried to enter text, it was a no go. Nothing on the Rich Text Toolbar worked. I couldn't change text entry out of rich text either (to plain text or HTML)!!! I switched the User Agent to IE(vista) refreshed and it let me type my email. I also tried Netscape which acted like FF3 default. However, autocomplete functionality was disabled and I still couldn't change text entry settings. Making it worse, NOW the send button was disabled. So I can either send an email with no text or type and email that I can't send. Adding to the frustration, I can't attach files or change text entry settings in any scenario.

I am writing MSN now and firefox, but ubuntu forums are always more helpful.

Before you say it. I have a gmail account, but I use hotmail for a trash account on a daily basis. I don't use an email client on my computer and MSN is my contact list for syncing with my phone, so please don't tell me to ditch hotmail and/or run evolution or thunderbird. I know that those are options, but the hassle of switching my own notion of organization is not exactly what I am shooting for. I just want a workaround for this hotmail glitch.

thanks for your help in advance.
    Last edited by mingohills; November 3rd, 2008 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Solved