Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't install fuppes, uninstallable dependency libavcodec1d

Beans

Can't install fuppes, uninstallable dependency libavcodec1d

After doing a clean install of 8.10 i'm unable to install fuppes because of an dependency that is not satisfiable. Gdebi-gtk says missing dependency is libavcodec1d. I got the deb from getdeb.net, and it's actually made for Hardy but used to work with no troubles in Intrepid updated from Hardy.
    Is that package gone, renamed or what? Anyone have a workaround?
    "There's this thing called being so open-minded your brains drop out." --Richard Dawkins

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Can't install fuppes, uninstallable dependency libavcodec1d

Try searching in Synaptic Package Manager for that package, if it was renamed or merged into another it should come up in the search. I have had success finding dep that way in the past.
    Registered Linux User: 453202 Registered Ubuntu User:17339
    WARNING: Don't take code or candy from strangers.

Beans

I've tried that... But I can't find it. Also tried searching http://packages.ubuntu.com, but can't find it to Intrepid.

Code:
    ssamik@lynx:~$ aptitude search libavcodec
    p   libavcodec-dev                                                  - development files for libavcodec                                         
    i   libavcodec-unstripped-51                                        - ffmpeg codec library                                                     
    c   libavcodec51                                                    - ffmpeg codec library
    Last edited by SSamiK; October 30th, 2008 at 08:58 PM.
    "There's this thing called being so open-minded your brains drop out." --Richard Dawkins

Beans

I have the same problem with fuppes and intrepid. Only difference is that I upgraded from hardy instead of doing a clean install. Fuppes was apparently uninstalled during the process, probably because there is no libavcodec1d for intrepid? Would be really nice if this could be resolved, kind of use fuppes daily to stream media to my PS3.

Edit: Manually downloading and installing libavcodec1d and libavformat1d from the hardy repository seems to have worked. Just successfully installed fuppes in intrepid Hope this hasn't screwed up anything else, but I guess it will be fine since those packages didn't change anything else on my system.
    Last edited by RatSAT; October 30th, 2008 at 09:14 PM.

Beans

I've gotten fuppes to install, but I had to use some packages from Hardy.
    These three is "missing" from Intrepid, blocking the installation of fuppes:

libavcodec1d_0.cvs20070307-5ubuntu7.1_i386.deb
    libavutil1d_0.cvs20070307-5ubuntu7.1_i386.deb
    libavformat1d_0.cvs20070307-5ubuntu7.1_i386.deb

Grabbing them from http://packages.ubuntu.com/ and installing them gets fuppes installed, but I do not know if this is a "good" way of doing it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SSamiK View Post
    but I do not know if this is a "good" way of doing it.
    But at least we can watch our media again

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RatSAT View Post
    But at least we can watch our media again
    Yes we can!
    I actually had to install one more package when installing another deb I had with fuppes, libswscale1d_0.cvs20070307-5ubuntu7.1_i386.deb, also missing from Intrepid.

When using the deb from getdeb.net the three mentioned in my last post was enought.

Beans

I've just had two (2) hard lockups in just a few minutes, I do not know if these packages I've just installed caused it! Will investigate and post back if this seems to be the case.

Edit: Ended up with about 6-8 lockups, witch I've never had in Intrepid before.
    Last edited by SSamiK; October 30th, 2008 at 11:22 PM.

Beans

It do seem like one or more of those packages were the cause to those hard lockups, as I've had no more of them after uninstalling. So I'm back to where I started.... Now, can anybody tell me WHY those packages are gone in Intrepid? I also noticed that I cannot use ffmpeg to convert a divx to xvid or resize a xvid, as ffmpeg spits out an error.
    Code:
    Unknown encoder "xvid"
    I suspect this also beeing a problem with libavcodec, in perticular the missing libavcodec1d, but I'm not sure. I've got ffmpeg from medibuntu repos.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

I tried all of the above, same problems here.
    It installed fuppes alright, but when I tried to add files I get a lot of these errors:
    Code:
    CContentDatabase::Commit() :: SQL error: cannot commit - no transaction is active
    TagLib: MPEG::Header::parse() -- Invalid sample rate.
    And a lot more where that came from. Anyone found anything yet? I need my daily dosage of streamed goodness on my ps3! ( )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast