Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't install fuppes, uninstallable dependency libavcodec1d

Beans

Re: Can't install fuppes, uninstallable dependency libavcodec1d

Strange, it works fine for me so far. Also, I only needed the two packages lbavcodec1d and libavformat1d and not the other two. Just updated my entire database which contains movies, music and images. Streaming works fine too.

Only thing that doesn't work is transcoding, but I haven't been able to get that to work since firmware 2.40 on my PS3...

Edit: Or actually, it seems I have libavutil1d and libswscale1d from Medibuntu.
    Last edited by RatSAT; October 31st, 2008 at 12:16 AM.

Beans

RatSAT: A couple of questions; where did you get the fuppes deb your using? And second, did you get libswscale1d and libavutil1d from the medibuntu repo for Intrepid? I can't seem to find them there...
    Also, you havent had any troubles with your computer locking up after installing fuppes or any of those other packages?
    "There's this thing called being so open-minded your brains drop out." --Richard Dawkins

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SSamiK View Post
    RatSAT: A couple of questions; where did you get the fuppes deb your using? And second, did you get libswscale1d and libavutil1d from the medibuntu repo for Intrepid? I can't seem to find them there...
    Also, you havent had any troubles with your computer locking up after installing fuppes or any of those other packages?
    First off, I used the package I downloaded a couple of months ago for Hardy from here.
    I am really not sure when I got libswutil1d and libswscale1d, but according to the package manager they are from Medibuntu. I haven't downloaded or installed them manually, so I guess they are leftovers from hardy. The versions are libavutil1d-cvs20070307-5ubuntu7.1+medibuntu1 and libswscale1d-cvs20070307-5ubuntu7.1+medibuntu1.
    And no, I haven't encountered a single lockup, not during installation of the packages, installation of fuppes, when updating the database, rebuilding the database or streaming to my PS3.
    Last edited by RatSAT; October 31st, 2008 at 12:59 AM.

Beans

Ok, thanks for the input. We are using the same deb, and we both have gotten Fuppes to run. I suppose my troubles with lockups not are related to this, so i'll try to reinstall tomorrow. (at this point my comp is more or less useless, it keeps locking up every few minutes and is totaly non responsive, even to SysRq keys so i'll have to do something. The strange thing is that it appared when I was fiddelig with fuppes. ) I had no troubles adding folders, update database or stream to my PS3 until the fist lockup that is. Anyway, I'll try those medibuntu packages next time, just in case.
    And no, I haven't encountered a single lockup, not during installation of the packages, installation of fuppes, when updating the database, rebuilding the database or streaming to my PS3.
    That is sooo good to know! It gives me hope!
    "There's this thing called being so open-minded your brains drop out." --Richard Dawkins

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12