Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox Maximize, minimize and close are gone!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Firefox Maximize, minimize and close are gone!

Hey

I lost the menubar, you know the one with the maximize minimize and close buttons in the tight uppercornor, its not a great deal, i can just minimize with alt+F9, but anyway, i'd like to know what to do about this...

Can't really figure it out.
    "...It takes a special kind of incompetence to not be able to make a browser that you coded for an OS that you coded not work across all of your OS versions." - Camfered Edge, on theverge, said in regards to microsofts criticism of google updates

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Firefox Maximize, minimize and close are gone!

So what, your entire header is gone? It's possible your window manager crashed. Do any other windows you have open have the window header?
    Bios Elemental - My Blog | Useful Ubuntu and WINE related help as well as general Geek Things.

Beans
    Distro

Yep! its just firefox... its quite annoying... :S
    "...It takes a special kind of incompetence to not be able to make a browser that you coded for an OS that you coded not work across all of your OS versions." - Camfered Edge, on theverge, said in regards to microsofts criticism of google updates

Beans
    Distro

... its okay again, suddenly it was all fine again...

Beans

Has anyone found a fix to this issue? It happens for me quite regularly. I can fullscreen ff and then go back which fixes it but it is quite annoying.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by berock View Post
    Has anyone found a fix to this issue? It happens for me quite regularly. I can fullscreen ff and then go back which fixes it but it is quite annoying.
    I had similar things when I had Desktop Effects running, once I turned them off everything works correctly.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans

I have the same problem. Firefox takes up the entire desktop and does not display the "close, minimize, maximize" buttons. It covers the Ubuntu tool bars on the top and bottom of the screen so the only way to minimize is to press alt-f9.
    If I right click on an image and choose "save as", the Ubuntu tool bars become visible until I click on the Firefox screen. When this happens, there are still no "close, minimize, maximize" buttons on Firefox.

While the "save as" menu was open, I right clicked on the Firefox tab at the bottom of the screen and chose "unmaximize" which now shows the resize icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. However, I cannot drag to resize the window, so it stays the same maximized size.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

F11,F11,resize FF window so it fits comfortably onto the desktop, close, reopen.

fix (if that happens in Compiz) (in order to keep using Compiz):

System->Preferences->CompizConfig_Settings_Manager->Workarounds->Legacy_Fullscreen_Support(uncheck)
    Last edited by zika; February 11th, 2009 at 07:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've had that same problem before, one workaround is just to hit F11 to switch to fullscreen, then F11 again to switch back and that seems to restore it for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by sr20ve View Post
    I've had that same problem before, one workaround is just to hit F11 to switch to fullscreen, then F11 again to switch back and that seems to restore it for me.
    yeah but if it keeps happening....just do this:

f11 twice to get to a normal size screen.

click the unmaximize button.

close firefox.

reopen firefox.

maximize firefox.

that should fix it for good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast