Thread: I need help!!!

Beans

I need help!!!

i have installed wine 1.1.7 and tried to remove it by using the applications/add/remove however, some part of it remained, not only that, but when i reinstalled wine, i found that all of the old stuff i had there before was present again, what i would like to do is completely remove wine and all the other programs i had in there before, thereby starting completely afresh.
    any help on this would be great, as i am growing more and more frustrated with this whole fiasco.
    thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: I need help!!!

In synaptic package manager choose complete uninstall. Then open up your home folder and select "show hiden files" and delete your .wine folder.

To get rid of items in the wine meny bar. Go to System->Preferences->Main meny.

Beans

Re: I need help!!!

great! thanks
    will down load wine again, and if there anything in there, i just goto syst/pref/main menu and sort it out there
    oh, before i do go and get wine, any tips/hints ideas, on the best way to do it, because im sure that although wine 1.1.7 is the newest, its probably not the best, right?
    look forward to your wonderful help
    again, my thanks.