Thread: [SOLVED] I am desperately trying to get it right

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Unhappy [SOLVED] I am desperately trying to get it right

It seems that I was banned (or some other type of detention put on me)--this occurred about 5 days ago. I have done a lot of reading here about how things work and how to go about staying in the good graces. Maybe I didn't study long and hard enough before trying to solve one problem after another--and me, not very computer literate at all. (I probably should get out and take a real computer course.)

I was trying to follow the rules, while pressing for a solution. I didn't know what a bump is, and when I had the chance to edit, I didn't have the sense to know that it wouldn't be right to change my first post of my thread.

It took some time to realize I was being punished for infractions that I had not understood. How was I to know? I didn't receive any message letting me know the parameters of my sentence. Today I thought some ban was lifted because it seemed that I was able to post a new thread, but then I was not allowed to respond.

Have I got something all wrong? I'm trying to meet your standards and codes of conduct. Please help me to get back to a normal standing.
    Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: I am desperately trying to get it right

Hi Chris,

I'd like to see if there was a miscommunication in what happened to your account -- but first can you give me the name of your banned account?
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I was so sure there was NO quick response button here before. Maybe I'm all fixed up somehow. My account is Chris Edgell, I feel pretty sure that you'll be reading that new thread I posted. I'll wait to hear from you one more time

Thanks again!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi, Chris,

I'm looking through your account history and don't see any active restrictions (i.e. infractions, bans, etc) against your account, either now or in the recorded history. As far as I can tell, you are clean!
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden