Thread: Visual Novel and DEAMON replacer

Beans

Visual Novel and DEAMON replacer

First off, lets get this out of the way, I'm new to the OS, and probably know far less then I should. I'm attempting to run a .exe program which is an english patch for a Japanese Visual Novel, yet every time I attempt to run it, the loader freezes up on me. Is this common or should i just give up because I'm doing it wrong?

Edit, it probably doesn't belong here, but does any one know about an app that I can use in place of DEAMON tools?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Visual Novel and DEAMON replacer

Hi Majeh,

A good place to start when wanting to load a new game on wine is the Wine App Database (which can be found here).
    The database has useful information about compatibility between current game versions and the current wine release, but also information on the level of support available for your game.
    Take into account that it is (like most Linux apps) a user based community and that experiences may differ from the ratings shown.
    For example, I see that the current version of the Clannad Visual Novel (the voiced version) is rated as "garbage" in wine.
    Now, you may not be trying to get the Clannad Visual Novel running, but check the games status on the AppDB to make sure. If it IS the Clannad one, then unless someone else here has it and can help you, Iĺl have to dig my version out to see what I get.

As for the ISO program:
    Wikipedia is your friend

Although I honestly couldn't tell you which one is best. I use PowerISO myself. Works quite well.

Hope this helps you.

Beans

Re: Visual Novel and DEAMON replacer

Quote Originally Posted by Genji View Post
    I use PowerISO myself. Works quite well.
    I downloaded the PowerISO file, but how do I make any use of it? What should i do after I've downloaded it?