Thread: questions about an infraction

Beans

questions about an infraction

i received an infraction from larosa. he sent me a pm about it.

Dear chucky chuckaluck,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
    -------
    Please do not use inappropriate imagery in your posts. The use of the word "*****" to describe an animal was inappropriate and not helpful in the context.

Original post preserved here, in case you want to take the case up in the Resolution Centre: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=960513
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
    Ubuntu Forums
    if the word '*****' is against forum rules, wouldn't it be asterisked out?

the link he provided just sends me to an area i can't view.

he doesn't seem to know the nature of the infraction. who would i ask for clarification?

thanks.

Beans

Re: questions about an infraction

The word is not forbidden , after all its a part of so many animals and mammals.
    There of course would be legitimate usage of the noun thus the reason it is not asterick'd

Its the context in which the noun is used that could bring it in breach of the rules
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Its the context in which the noun is used that could bring it in breach of the rules
    i'm not sure which rule i was in breach of.

also, i don't have any idea what this infraction means. does it, or does it not come with restrictions, and why wouldn't the person giving me the infraction know that?

Beans

update: it appears to be just a warning type infraction as i was just able to post in the screenshot thread.

it wouldn't be a huge deal, but i've really tried to behave myself with this account. i'm still at a loss as to what i've done wrong. i'm not protesting the action so much as i'm trying to figure it out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well, the analogy you made is over the line in terms of vulgarity tolerated in the Community Cafe -- distasteful and unnecessary at best.

The infraction issued is the lowest we give (does not affect any access unless you get a few stacked together) and is set to expire in less than a week. We hope it serves as a gentle reminder to keep the forums clean and pick less graphic analogies in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jdong View Post
    Well, the analogy you made is over the line in terms of vulgarity tolerated in the Community Cafe -- distasteful and unnecessary at best.

The infraction issued is the lowest we give (does not affect any access unless you get a few stacked together) and is set to expire in less than a week. We hope it serves as a gentle reminder to keep the forums clean and pick less graphic analogies in the future.
    fair enough. i appreciate the explanation.