Thread: denver ubuntu help

Beans

denver ubuntu help

I am new to Ubuntu and was wondering if there is any local support in Denver??? I found an ubuntu-rocks site that has dead links for local support.

I bought a Dell with Ubuntu pre-loaded on it---had no problems until about 2 weeks ago when my wireless stopped working.
    I'd like to fix this and learn more about the system so I can head off any future problems.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: denver ubuntu help

There will be a gathering of Ubuntu geeks at Gordon Biersch (Flat Iron Crossing) Saturday at 7pm. It will be a launch party for the new version of the OS (Intrepid Ibex), but many of the best Ubuntu geeks in Denver will be there.

Hope to see you there
    Kevin Fries
    Senior Linux R&D Engineer
    Computer and Communications Technology, Inc
    a division of Japan Communications, Inc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yeah. Try to go to the release party. I won't be attending this one, but it was really fun on the last one.

We normally communicate on the mailing list.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/Ubuntu-us-co

or sometimes we communicate on IRC chat. You can use Pidgin for that. just connect to the default ubuntu irc server (it is a mirror of irc.freenode.net) and connect to the channel #ubuntu-us-co. Just make up a nickname.

someone really needs to fix those links.

Beans

I can't make the meetup---I'm working that night. Any other options? I'm about to cave and switch back to windows b/c I just can't figure out this wireless issue. It is incredibly frustrating to lose wireless and then not be able to get it back after trying and trying. I'm not a computer geek at all so I'm wondering if Ubuntu is just over my head. Again if there is any other avenue please let me know. And thanks for replying---the Dell/Ubuntu forum hasn't responded.

Beans

I feel your frustration... Wireless can be a pain...

I don't think Ubuntu is over your head, cause once you have your internet working any other problem can easy be solved by a simple google, which always leads back to a post on the forums.

Are you setting up the connection manualy?

Beans

I initially set it up through the network manager with no problem. Then about one month later it died. I tried to set it up again with no luck. I don't know how to manually configure it.