Thread: Adobe Cs4

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Adobe Cs4

does anyone know about any examples of cs 4 on ubuntu. many rumours stated that it will work on ubuntu. please

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Adobe Cs4

Have a look at this article:

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/63161.html

Even though this is a Linux site, I see no mention of the suite being availabe for Linux.

Jim

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

from what i heard it will be able to use it with wine or something like that

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

As far as I know only cs2 can be used with wine at the moment...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

any other ways of using it? virtualization anything... cause cs 4 is the only thing that keeps windows on my harddrive, and i'm becoming more and more a hater of windows by the day(no mac is not an option, macs suck even more), any ideas that could help me? i only want to run flash and photoshop as I require them for projects, the others are all bonuses that can be replaced.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Wink Re: Adobe Cs4

You can dowload and try running by Wine. Maybe you can report your results to WineHQ with your results runing all this by terminal. The problem here is, that Wine team can't get the new adobe packages before the official release contacting a linux team . When they release for everyone, Wine people start to work on them, so that's why they got runing a version before the release of the new one. They will never cooperate givin a meta package to try if its posible to run with wine.

One idea is that some can download the package, then extract dlls, libraries and components to see how it runs. If it possible those who know a little bit more about programing could help to Wine to see what can else do, or rewrite a python versio, gtk, qt, ruby, perl version, porpouse to adobe, and then if they refuse . . . . maybe we'll have to wait.

Anyway, if we don't do sometihing in the near future adobe will never cooperate.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I am not even going to try it... It will definitely not run well on wine...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Check out this link:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=944034

I have managed to get it to install, but I had to cut out packages like air etc. Just core programs seem to work. There are still stalls and such. I think I am going to upgrade to Wine 1.1.9. I have a fully licensed suite and the Adobe Reps swear to me that it will work in Wine. They say they have fully tested the Windows version, which I had to buy, but they will not support it.

Oh yes. I could only get it to install by burning an iso image and mounting it. For some reason my dvd would hang...