Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenovo T400 Suspend / Hibernate / Resume Problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Lenovo T400 Suspend / Hibernate / Resume Problems

Was having trouble finding a thread discussing suspend / hibernate issues unique to my laptop configuration, so here goes. I've installed the 8.10 x64 RC on a Lenovo T400 with Intel X4500 integrated graphics and 4GB ram.

During the actual suspension / hibernation process (either from GNOME or by entering pm-suspend / pm-hibernate in a console), the screen flickers 3-10 times before the system goes to sleep. Sometimes, it flashes some text on the screen really quickly. It's too fast to see exactly what it said, but it looked something like this:

btusb_intr_complete failed to resubmit
    btusb_send_frame submission failed

When I try to resume, things fail ~3/4 of the time. The desktop will come up but it will appear to be only half-drawn (e.g. window frames with buttons and content missing). Everything stays frozen for a few seconds, and then the system reboots.

Thoughts? Is there some log or config file that I should look at?

UPDATE: If I suspend or hibernate after I've dropped down to a console, then resume works fine. So it looks like it's a GNOME / X / Intel driver problem.
    Last edited by fongandrew; October 26th, 2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Tried something else

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Lenovo T400 Suspend / Hibernate / Resume Problems

I used Ubuntu tweak to fix the suspend problem (but hibernate is still an issure, but I never do anyway) but I am not sure if it will work on a T400.

http://ubuntu-tweak.com/downloads

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Bump.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

I'm also having erratic problems with suspend / hibernate / resume on my HP Pavilion dv6836tx. I would be very interested to hear opinions or recommendations on getting this working or at least advice on fault-finding the problem(s).

Haven't tried suspend /hibernate from the console. I'll give that a try.
    :wq

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Ubuntu-tweak doesn't do it for me =P. It just offers to turn hibernation / suspend on and off. I already have them on -- it's just that they're not working. It probably has something to do with the drivers for the Intel X4500.

Beans

Hi fongandrew,

I have a T400 and on 8.10 RC, I have the same problems as you. When I come back from suspend, I see the mouse and sometimes a window that is half drawn, and then the system reboots.

I haven't been able to fix it yet. I'll post here if I do.

(Hibernate also does not work for me).

Beans

Same here... Lenovo T400, Ubuntu 8.10. It used to work fine with 8.04, although it took freaking forever to resume from suspend (easily 20s).
    Now with 8.10 it resumes lightning fast, but 90% of the time it just sits there for 10 seconds with mouse pointer not reacting and the login window half drawn, then it reboots.
    I noticed that it never resumes when the lid was closed, but sometimes it resumes just fine when the lid was not closed...
    I'll be investigating and let you guys know. My first suspicion was iwlagn, but that's not it.

Update: It IS indeed a gnome issue, as it works in kde.
    Last edited by bennywhere; November 1st, 2008 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Update

Beans

Hello,

I experience the same problem. It's not annoying for me as it is just a message (it suspends all right and wakes up smoothly as well), I just don't like errors in my Ubuntu (: Also, it started appearing after upgrade to 8.10 Intrepid Ibex. I have no idea what can cause this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Same situation, same problem. T400 with Ubuntu 8.10. From either hibernation or suspend, it comes back to a black screen with frozen white mouse cursor, sits for a while, then reboots. (This is with no compiz-fusion stuff. It seemed like I got some weird video artifacts instead, when I had a bunch of compiz effects enabled.) I'm running with the integrated graphics, haven't tried with the discrete graphics, and haven't tried KDE (which sounds like it worked for someone else).

Just thought I'd offer one more data-point for the problem. If there's anything I can do to help test a fix, etc, just let me know.

Beans

Hi!
    Same Problem with T400 and ubuntu 8.10 using Internal Graphic Intel 4500!
    On wake up system freeze with black display and mouse pointer, after few seconds system reboots.

Got two error messages every time:

btusb_intr_complete: hci0 urb f4f02c00 failed to resubmit (19)
    btusb_send_frame: hci0 urb f7efd800 submission failed

Sometimes there are more messages when trying to hibernate.
    Switching in textmode and typing pm-suspend (or pm-hibernate) works without any problems.
    Must be an gnome/X/Intel Driver error.

So i started the same system with Discrete Graphics, ATI 3470 with radeon driver.... and
    Suspend and Hibernate, both work very well without errors!

It seems, that Intel Driver has a problem with gnome... if it works under KDE (as posted above) and also with radeon Driver!

Anybody opened an Launchpad Bug yet?

lg Jango
    Last edited by jango4; November 4th, 2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: remove gramatically mistakes ;-)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast