Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of phobias do you have?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

What kind of phobias do you have?

I'm scared of:

1. Spiders. Awful things. I've got terrible arachnophobia. Apparently I live in an area with some of the smallest spiders in the U.S. No poisonous ones either...but they're still awful!
    When I went down to Florida two years back, I was so glad Disney World was so well fumigated...the Florida spiders I did see were awful!
    I was sure to avoid one area which I read was non-fumigated and full of spiders...

2. Dogs. Jumping on people, tackling...drooling...biting, barking...stinky, smelly, dirty, horrible things.

3. Thunderstorms. I'm terrified of tornadoes or getting struck by lightning. Oddly they did not scare in Disney World...probably because I know Florida doesn't usually get tornadoes & there are tons of lightning rods.

What about you?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: What kind of phobias do you have?

dark closets

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

None I think.
    The best in life is free

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoTogepi View Post
    I'm scared of:

1. Spiders. Awful things. I've got terrible arachnophobia. Apparently I live in an area with some of the smallest spiders in the U.S. No poisonous ones either...but they're still awful!
    When I went down to Florida two years back, I was so glad Disney World was so well fumigated...the Florida spiders I did see were awful!
    I was sure to avoid one area which I read was non-fumigated and full of spiders...

2. Dogs. Jumping on people, tackling...drooling...biting, barking...stinky, smelly, dirty, horrible things.

3. Thunderstorms. I'm terrified of tornadoes or getting struck by lightning. Oddly they did not scare in Disney World...probably because I know Florida doesn't usually get tornadoes & there are tons of lightning rods.

What about you?
    I crushed a spider with my bare hands today.

Beans

Equestrophobia: I hate horses with the fiery passion of 10,000 suns. They just freak me out.

Arachnophobia: Spiders bother me. Something about the way they move is freaky. The little ones with longish legs are just terrifying.

Beans
    Distro

Spiders, I have arachnophobia as well, ah, I hate them.

Erm, I have a phobia of fruit everything about it just makes me feel ill. I can just about tolerate apples, but no other fruit. I really don't like butterflies either, I think they are creepy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I'm afraid of losing any kind of data, for example: icon themes, sources, docs, debs, pictures, sounds, links and everything else that I find useful. I burn six DVDs a month to get them safe.

The funny thing is, that there is data on some of those which has been removed from the whole web. I always get 404 and sorry.
    So it's a quite useful phobia, isn't it?

Beans

I fear fat, drug-abusing italian plumbers. The sound they make when they squish little turtles is forever burned in my brain.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona aestiva View Post
    I'm afraid of losing any kind of data, for example: icon themes, sources, docs, debs, pictures, sounds, links and everything else that I find useful. I burn six DVDs a month to get them safe.

The funny thing is, that there is data on some of those which has been removed from the whole web. I always get 404 and sorry.
    So it's a quite useful phobia, isn't it?
    Maybe. Though it sounds alot like hoarding

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by jacobw.uk View Post
    Maybe. Though it sounds alot like hoarding
    Yeah
    Anyway those may come in handy some day.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast