Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gens/GS Milestone 5

Beans

Re: Gens/GS Milestone 5

While redoing the controller system, I decided to redo the "Controller Configuration" dialog to make it easier to see what the controller input is being recognized as.

Old version:

New version:

Among other things, the new version lets you see the key code and the actual key that it maps to, plus it lets you configure devices one key at a time.

Edit: I originally intended for the "Input Device" dropdown to let you limit devices for changing the key configuration, but now I think that might be unnecessary and confusing, since it only affects new configurations, not existing ones. However, listing the available input devices is still useful, so I'll probably change it to a listbox and move it underneath the controller ports.
    Last edited by GerbilSoft; February 10th, 2009 at 11:23 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Will this new system still allow for an "all at once" reconfiguration? It's not a huge deal, but I do enjoy the ease of hitting one reconfigure button and choosing my inputs all in a row.

Thanks for your continued work, by the way. It's great to see solid Gens development after all this time.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DancemasterGlenn View Post
    Will this new system still allow for an "all at once" reconfiguration? It's not a huge deal, but I do enjoy the ease of hitting one reconfigure button and choosing my inputs all in a row.

Yes, it will. I added two new buttons. One lets you configure all inputs in one shot (each one prompts you to press a key); the other lets you clear all buttons for a controller, which is useful for disabling the second player. Later, I may add a feature to actually "unplug" controllers from the console, but that requires low-level code changes.

Also, I received a suggestion to add checkboxes next to the input devices to allow filtering devices when using the "Change" button, so I will attempt to do that. It'd be especially useful in my case, since you can see that my ThinkPad's accelerometer is registered as a joystick, so if my laptop was tilted the wrong way, it'd register as a joystick axis movement.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Looks nice, especially resized to get rid of the unnecessary empty spaces. Thanks for adding the "all at once" option. Looking forward to the next release!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Very cool!!!
    But, What about milestone 6?? Is there a way to compile it o Ubutu 7.04??
    I have found something, but it's in japanese ana I could not understand!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Very cool!!!
    But, What about milestone 6?? Is there a way to compile it o Ubutu 7.04??
    I have found something, but it's in japanese ana I could not understand!!!
    It should be possible to compile it on 7.04, but there may be some compatibility issues that I haven't noticed due to not testing it there. If you can get a build log, I can fix these issues.

Also, I'll hopefully have Release 7 out sometime in the next few weeks. Release 7 introduces the external MDP plugin system, which is going to remain binary-compatible for a while, so I want to make sure I get it right the first time.

Beans

I'm having problems compiling Milestone 6. ./configure runs fine, but make ends with this..

then mv -f "ui/gtk/gens/.deps/gens-gens_window_callbacks.Tpo" "ui/gtk/gens/.deps/gens-gens_window_callbacks.Po"; else rm -f "ui/gtk/gens/.deps/gens-gens_window_callbacks.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp: In function ‘void gens_window_drag_data_received(GtkWidget*, GdkDragContext*, gint, gint, GtkSelectionData*, guint, guint, void*)’:
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:127: error: ‘g_uri_unescape_string’ was not declared in this scope
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp: At global scope:
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:93: warning: unused parameter ‘widget’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:93: warning: unused parameter ‘x’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:93: warning: unused parameter ‘y’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:93: warning: unused parameter ‘target_type’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:93: warning: unused parameter ‘data’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:149: warning: unused parameter ‘x’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:149: warning: unused parameter ‘y’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:149: warning: unused parameter ‘user_data’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:171: warning: unused parameter ‘widget’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:171: warning: unused parameter ‘event’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:171: warning: unused parameter ‘user_data’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:185: warning: unused parameter ‘widget’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:185: warning: unused parameter ‘event’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:185: warning: unused parameter ‘user_data’
    make[3]: *** [ui/gtk/gens/gens-gens_window_callbacks.o] Error 1

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jgreen6883 View Post
    I'm having problems compiling Milestone 6. ./configure runs fine, but make ends with this..

then mv -f "ui/gtk/gens/.deps/gens-gens_window_callbacks.Tpo" "ui/gtk/gens/.deps/gens-gens_window_callbacks.Po"; else rm -f "ui/gtk/gens/.deps/gens-gens_window_callbacks.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp: In function ‘void gens_window_drag_data_received(GtkWidget*, GdkDragContext*, gint, gint, GtkSelectionData*, guint, guint, void*)’:
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:127: error: ‘g_uri_unescape_string’ was not declared in this scope
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp: At global scope:
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:93: warning: unused parameter ‘widget’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:93: warning: unused parameter ‘x’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:93: warning: unused parameter ‘y’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:93: warning: unused parameter ‘target_type’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:93: warning: unused parameter ‘data’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:149: warning: unused parameter ‘x’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:149: warning: unused parameter ‘y’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:149: warning: unused parameter ‘user_data’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:171: warning: unused parameter ‘widget’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:171: warning: unused parameter ‘event’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:171: warning: unused parameter ‘user_data’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:185: warning: unused parameter ‘widget’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:185: warning: unused parameter ‘event’
    ui/gtk/gens/gens_window_callbacks.cpp:185: warning: unused parameter ‘user_data’
    make[3]: *** [ui/gtk/gens/gens-gens_window_callbacks.o] Error 1
    g_uri_escape_string() was added in GLib 2.16, which I found out during r7 development. Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy) has GLib 2.16.3, but Gutsy has 2.14.1.

Here are the two patches in the Gens/GS git repository that fix this:
    http://gs_server.gerbilsoft.ddns.inf...02b047495f6738
    http://gs_server.gerbilsoft.ddns.inf...0b3afe525276bd

I'm not sure if they'll apply cleanly to m6, and I can't test it at the moment.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by disturbedite View Post
    i recently rebuilt my PC and am on a 64bit platform so now i am interested in gens going 64bit. i know i can force the architecture to install it, but i'm curious:
    do you have an ETA on this? are you working on it? or is it something that is far out in the future?
    Same here, so I'd just like to add my shout for a 64 bit version. I've just recently decided to try out 64 bit Ubuntu alongside my 32 bit install. I really like it even though I only have 3GB RAM. It's definitely faster etc. It'd be nice to not have to dual boot with a 32 bit install just to play Gens/GS (force isn't working so good for me), so if you don't mind I'll stand here and cheer-lead for a 64 bit Gens/GS!

Well done for this excellent emu Gerbilsoft. Can't wait to try out the new version.
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by BigSilly View Post
    Same here, so I'd just like to add my shout for a 64 bit version. I've just recently decided to try out 64 bit Ubuntu alongside my 32 bit install. I really like it even though I only have 3GB RAM. It's definitely faster etc. It'd be nice to not have to dual boot with a 32 bit install just to play Gens/GS (force isn't working so good for me), so if you don't mind I'll stand here and cheer-lead for a 64 bit Gens/GS!

Well done for this excellent emu Gerbilsoft. Can't wait to try out the new version.
    rewriting the code for 64-bit isn't a trivial task, I'd imagine, and Gens/GS works very well on a 64-bit Ubuntu. installing it using dpkg with --force-architecture and using getlibs to install necessary 32-bit libraries does the trick.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast