Page 24 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers

Beans

Unhappy Re: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bgerlich View Post
    For convenience I have prepared a debian package with sisimedia driver patched by fedora forum's user "bahamot" to work with xserver 1.5.x.

I have made a few very minor changes so that the driver would seem more seamless, namely - buggy 2D acceleration is now disabled by default. I have also included a pciid file, so that the card is detected automatically. Just install the deb and restart your xserver.

Remember to remove any driver names and such from xorg conf manualy or by typing
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg in terminal.
    This version is for Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex. If for some reason the driver is nod detected automatically, add the line
    Code:
    Driver "sis671"
    to "Device" section of your xorg.conf

http://launchpadlibrarian.net/204636....10-1_i386.deb

Hi' Im completely new to linux.. and i have a maximum resolution of 800x600 , im i've tried what u say and installed the launchpad.. but when i reconfigure it show this

adrian@adrian-desktop:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
    [sudo] password for adrian:
    debconf: DbDriver "config": /var/cache/debconf/config.dat is locked by another process: Resource temporarily unavailable
    adrian@adrian-desktop:~$

pls help ..the only problem with my installation is only my resolution.. i have Sis mirage graphics but i think linux didnt detect it..

Beans

Unhappy Re: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers!?!?

Hi

Took me long enough but I finally got around to it.

Below is a beta version of sis 771/671 driver package for Ubuntu Jaunty. Now with working 2D Acceleration (XAA).

As before - simply install the deb package and make sure that your xorg.conf is the one provided by the system (no modifications required).

when i try to install the package ti show like this

/tmp/xorg-driver-sis671_0.9_i386.deb could not be saved, because you cannot change the contents of that folder.
    pls help..im having problems with my resolution.. i have oinly 800x600

Beans

Re: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers!?!?

maybe it's not working cause you really don't have access to /tmp... who is the owner of that folder? are you running this as root? is root the owner of /tmp?have you tried to install it manually instead of using the .deb package? it's always better to compile from the source code and understand what you are doing on each step. "Step by step" tutorials are great when you are in a hurry, but not when you want to learn from the process

good luck

Beans

Hi

Below is a beta version of sis 771/671 driver package for Ubuntu Jaunty. Now with working 2D Acceleration (XAA).

As before - simply install the deb package and make sure that your xorg.conf is the one provided by the system (no modifications required).
    Thanks a lot! This works fine!

For the benefit of others: here is the original post with the downloadable driver:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=119

Beans

There is some linux driver available to download from sis.com. Please someone make them work with sis671.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I cant still fix my video display in Ubuntu 9.04. I posted here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...is/+bug/301958 but nobody seems interested. Any idea?

Beans

I've been a long time follower of these threads (pertaining the dreaded SiS Mirage 3) and it boggles the mind how the people at SiS can't release a simple Linux driver, which they've already developed...

Anyways, my thanks go to bgerlich for making the 2D driver installer, it's probably the best thing we've got at the moment.

SiS has released the SiS 650 and SiS 630 drivers! (HERE) I wonder if some of these could be modified for the SiS 671/672 ? They are of the same family, no?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

I've just installed the Jaunty driver on a fujitsu v5535 and the screen is now the correct resolution but the desktop is extremely unresponsive. I ran glxgears and only got an FPS of 16 sometimes up to 20.

Compare that with my netbook where glxgears records FPS of 600+

How do i fix this?

Beans

Hi

Works fine for me!
    Important thing is to reset the xorg.conf if it has been changed previously (sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg).

I have been working on this for a day!!! If i found that thread earlier I could have done it within 5 minutes.
    Thaks bgerlich.
    Last edited by gatsby1000; July 14th, 2009 at 10:44 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by gatsby1000 View Post
    Works fine for me!
    Important thing is to reset the xorg.conf if it has been changed previously (sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg).

I have been working on this for a day!!! If i found that thread earlier I could have done it within 5 minutes.
    Thaks bgerlich.
    have you tried this:

open terminal then type
    gconf-editor

then Applications > Metacity > General and choose compositing_manager

it could help if you didn't do it
    thanks bgerlich
    Last edited by shicy; July 17th, 2009 at 09:54 PM.

Page 24 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast