Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator

Quote Originally Posted by dfreer View Post
    Then it is either of the wrong type (32-bit on a 64-bit system, etc), or in the wrong place (ld only searches several locations by default), or ldconfig hasn't been run to update ld on the new library. You can also try placing the specified file within the same folder as your ePSXe binary, as I believe it ld will also search the current directory for shared libraries last.
    Well I have a 64bit system but I dont knwo what type of installation I installed.

Beans

On that ubuntu packages site, there are two links: amd64 is for 64-bit computers, i386 is for 32-bit computers.
    You also need to know whether or not ePSXe is a 32-bit binary or a 64-bit binary. 64-bit binaries will use the 64-bit library, and 32-bit binaries, even on a 64-bit system, will use 32-bit libraries. To find out what it is, use the file command on the binary:
    Code:
    file ./epsxe
    To find out whether you are on a 64-bit install or a 32-bit install of ubuntu:
    Code:
    uname -a
    Last edited by dfreer; April 13th, 2011 at 03:14 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by dfreer View Post
    On that ubuntu packages site, there are two links: amd64 is for 64-bit computers, i386 is for 32-bit computers.
    You also need to know whether or not ePSXe is a 32-bit binary or a 64-bit binary. 64-bit binaries will use the 64-bit library, and 32-bit binaries, even on a 64-bit system, will use 32-bit libraries. To find out what it is, use the file command on the binary:
    Code:
    file ./epsxe
    To find out whether you are on a 64-bit install or a 32-bit install of ubuntu:
    Code:
    uname -a
    This is what i got:

pag@pag-laptop:~$ file ./epsxe
    ./epsxe: ERROR: cannot open `./epsxe' (No such file or directory)
    pag@pag-laptop:~$ uname -a
    Linux pag-laptop 2.6.35-28-generic #49-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 1 14:39:03 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Beans

The file command needs to be run on your actual epsxe binary, you simply ran the command as I posted it. I do not know where your epsxe binary is on your system, you will need to either figure that out on your own and then run the file command on it, or link to whatever guide you used specifically to install epsxe and I might be able to figure it out.

If you absolutely cannot find it, one of these should help:
    Code:
    updatedb
    locate epsxe
    Code:
    find / -type f -iname epsxe
    Code:
    whereis epsxe
    As for the results of your system, you are running the 64-bit version of ubuntu. If your epsxe binary ends up being 64-bit, installing the library I originally linked to should work. If it's 32-bit, we will have to install the 32-bit version using dpkg --force-architecture.

EDIT: If you used this guide, it looks like it is in /usr/local/games/epsxe/ directory. There's a bash script that launches it at /usr/local/bin/epsxe. It also looks like that shell script sets the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/games/epsxe/, so you could probably place the libgtk-1.2.so.0 in /usr/local/games/epsxe/ without any fuss.
    Last edited by dfreer; April 13th, 2011 at 05:55 PM.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324