Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator

Ahh FF8 is difficult, I could only get it running under ePSXe believe it or not.

In that case it's probably something to do with your sound plugin, not your game.

Also there is an awesome windows program for ripping PSX games to isos, it is called isoproducer, you can get it off megagames. It's slower then other programs and only runs in windows to my knowledge but it works.

I'm sure you have to patch it if you rip it (due to the protection on it), that is why you got the black screen, see here for more info.

I have a question though, does running ePSXe under Linux still take up all of your processor resources?
    Last edited by kopilo; October 29th, 2006 at 06:36 PM.
    sometimes people put up walls, not to protect themselves but to see who cares enough to break them down.

Beans

Video works great only I have a problem with the sound. I've tried a couple Final Fantasy games and Metal Gear Solid and theres a whole lot of double and triple talk/sound going on. It sounds like:
    "this is snake, this is snake, snake"
    "cornel, cornel, cornel"
    "can you hear me, can you hear me, hear me"

For a short time this was funny, but I can't figure out how to fix it.
    Do I need to change something in the settings? Has anyone else had this problem? I tried using the other linux sound plugin but it crashed epsxe. Video playback is fine, very nice even. I have a SiS SI7012 sound card, or sound or whatever.

EDIT:
    I just checked all options and that seemed to cure the problem in MGS, but not in the FF games...
    Last edited by PARO; October 31st, 2006 at 05:41 AM.

Beans

i don't know, but my sound in ff8 just started working for some reason. thanks for the help.

next question: can anybody confirm if the .mcr files for windows will work on the linux version? it's a pity if i can't play my save files from windows just because i started playing it on linux...

Beans
    Hidden!

There is a program called memoryconverter, hopefully you can run it under something like wine in order to convert the mcrs.

But that is only to convert them from mcr to any other type, to my knowledge they should work fine because in theory they are an independent file of the operating system.
    Last edited by kopilo; October 31st, 2006 at 04:55 PM.
    sometimes people put up walls, not to protect themselves but to see who cares enough to break them down.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

um i have a weird proble on my windows pc if insert a ps1 cd i can read and play it . but on my linux pc i cant any fixs?

Beans

Ok, so I get up to this step:
    Code:
    sudo tar xvfz ~/spupeopsoss109.tar.gz -C $EPSXE/plugins/
    and then I get this message
    Code:
    tar: /plugins: Cannot chdir: No such file or directory
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    So I checked to see if the directory exists and it does... What do I do?

Beans
    Hidden!

try typing,
    Code:
     echo $EPSXE
    into terminal, if it outputs a blank line then your EPSXE system variable is blank.

You want $EPSXE to point to your epsxe directory, it is shown in the OP by the following command line.
    Code:
    export EPSXE='/usr/local/games/epsxe'
    either then that your plugin directory may have a capital or something.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Unable to get ePSXe working have followed th instructions on here but when I try to run ps game get an error plugins/libspu.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

here is what I get.
    geoffl@geoffl-desktop:~$ epsxe
    * Running ePSXe emulator version 1.6.0.
    * Memory handlers init.
    * ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [/home/geoffl/Desktop/SCPH1001.BIN].
    * Init internal cdrom ... ok
    CD read toc header failed (25)
    * First/Last track: 7 2
    * Track 1: CD get track start failed (25)
    (AUDIO) - Start 0: (00,00,00)
    * Track 2: CD get track start failed (25)
    (AUDIO) - Start 1: (00,00,00)
    CD(0,2,16) read ioctl failed (25)
    CD(226,55,35) read ioctl failed (25)
    CD(226,55,36) read ioctl failed (25)
    * NTSC cdrom detected.
    * Init gpu[0][libgpuPeopsSoftX.so.1.0.17]
    * Open gpu[0]
    plugins/libspu.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directorygeoffl@geoffl-desktop:~$

Anybody help me out with this one I have searched for info on libspu.so but no avail.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Smile Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator

Not got passed the plugins/libspu.so: cannot open shared object file problem but it seems to be something to do with cd/dvd drive ? I have ripped a final fantacy 7 disc to harddrive as an image used the...

cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile ff7.bin --driver generic-mmc-raw ff7.toc

...command and ran the iso in ePSXe and it seems to run, although only a small screen but at least its working for now.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm having a problem that I had already posted, but maybe this thread is more appropiate.

When I open the video config dialog (the same happens with audio), I only get and empty list of plugins with the word "DISABLED" as the only option in the dropdown.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast