Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terminal Intergrated into Desktop?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Terminal Intergrated into Desktop?

Ok I have now got a terminal up transparent ... but it still has the window border round it?? And i'm able to move it?? Any ideas.

Thanks
    applehead
    Don't fix it if it's not broken
    PLUG AND PRAY!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I'm having trouble again
    applehead
    PLUG AND PRAY!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Before you go any further you might want to get a better understanding and feel for Compiz. I would suggest going to Forlong's Blog...

http://forlong.blogage.de/

Forlong is a Compiz "Guru". There is a program there called Compiz-Check which will tell you if your hardware is compatible with Compiz. This is also a great place to go to learn how to properly configure Compiz.

I would also suggest that if you post looking for a solution to a problem that you give us more detail so we can help. Such as your graphics card, the Ubuntu version you're using, and the version of Compiz you're running. It would help to know what you were doing when things broke, what you wanted to happen and what errors you are getting. When you use generalizations such as "I'm having trouble again" it is nearly imposible for us to figure out what we can do to help you. So the more information the better.

I would also suggest you make Google your friend. Try Googling this:

Ubuntu Forums Hardy Compiz Transparent Terminal

I always google first since in most cases there is already an answer out there somewhere.

By the way, I didn't name my terminal profile "trans". Since the instructions in the HowTo have you set title=trans, every time you open a window with those letters in that order somewhere in the title you will have problems. A better way to set this up would be to name the terminal profile "user@username:~trans" replacing the user@username with your own.

Hope this helps!
    'Among the tales of sorrow and of ruin that come down to us from the darkness of those days there are yet some in which amid weeping there is joy, and under the shadow of death, light that endures.' The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have the following:
    768mb RAM
    SiS661_FX GPU 128mb
    Ubuntu 8.10 Ibex
    Latest compiz version.

Hope this helps.
    applehead