Thread: Descent 3 Menu Garbled

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Descent 3 Menu Garbled

I've been trying to get Descent 3 to work under Wine for the last few weeks. The installation completed just fine. When I start up the game the initial configuration menu works fine, the introduction video plays, then I end up at the main menu for the game. This is when things get funky. The menu does not render properly (garbled graphics) and the game locks up. I'm not on my home computer right now so I'll have to grab a screenshot of it a bit later and post it, but has anybody else had this problem? According to winehq.org, Descent 3 should work very well. I'm not sure which version of Wine I'm running, but it's the one I downloaded from the Maverick repository.

Thank you in advance for your replies!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm running an Nvidia 8600 GTS video card
    Last edited by AgentWD-40; April 8th, 2011 at 06:26 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Descent 3 Menu Garbled

Here's the screenshot. It seems like the game is unable to change my screen resolution once it switches over to the menu. I know there is a box there to type my pilot name into, but it is unresponsive. Can anybody help me out?

Beans
    Distro

Re: Descent 3 Menu Garbled

After some extensive research I was able to convert my Windows copy of Decent 3 over to the Loki version by replacing a few files. It now works great and runs natively on Ubuntu! A link to the resource can be found below. Special thanks goes out to FunkyStickman on DescentBB! If anybody here needs help doing the same please respond to this thread.

Here's the link: http://www.descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7567