Thread: I dont know what to call this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I dont know what to call this?

I've been using ubuntu for almost a year now, with no windows contact. My main reasons for leaving windows was that I hated dealing with viruses, I was growing ever more tired of it and it was starting to boar me to death, I wanted to try and learn something new, Linux seemed to be just what I needed. What made me choose ubuntu??? The forum! It wasn't the stability of ubuntu or how user friendly ubuntu is, Its was my first couple post's. After making my first couple posts I realized the community here was friendly. The questions I asked were rudimentary and answered many times before. But I always got help and friendly feed back. I'm not good with forums at all, and forums that I previously hung around people seemed to get mad at me simply for what I would post. (This post probably doesn't help) But the people here were still nice to me. I liked that, and that was the main reason for choosing ubuntu. But lately that hasn't been that case. It seems like theres a big banner some were on all posts saying "kick me, Please". I'm not good with linux, maybe its just to much for me to grasp. The first thing I do when I run across something in ubuntu that gives me a problem is search google, the forum, the ubuntu documentation, and a few other places. But I usually can't make sense of what I find and have a hard time finding what I'm looking for. So I make a post. As of late that people that take the time to reply are rude, or at least seem it. I'm not trying to point any fingers. I love ubuntu, It's done wonders for me. But I'm actually thinking of going back to windows, (I can't believe I'm saying that) but I don't really want to. I half expect to be banned or flamed for this post, and certainly don't expect any replies. I don't even know why I'm posting this.

To the ubuntu team, I would like to say, Keep up the good work and a most awesome distribution of linux. But I don't think its for me. Keep up the good work, and thanks for listening.
    NETWORKED ARTIFICIAL KILLING NOCTURNAL ASSASSINATION KNIGHT

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

Re: I dont know what to call this?

Why let a few bad apples or in this case rude replies turn you away? If you feel like going back to windows, more power to you. I doubt anyone will try to stop you or discourage you from going back to an "old love".

I cannot profess to speak for everyone but everytime I hit on the new posts link, 80% of the threads revolve around flash, file permissions, installation or a sound problem. 95% of these threads are answered in the other 8726251265171181 thread about the same topic so I can understand how some people reading yet another thread asking about the exact same issue may feel pissed.

If you genuinely made an effort to search and still dont get your answer, by all means make a new thread and indicate where have you searched, what steps have you done rather than posting a generic one liner and expect others to read your mind.
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes; art is knowing which ones to keep.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

You miss the hole point of this thread. I don't expect anybody to try and stop me from going back to "an old love" because I understand that its my choice and my choice alone. I don't expect people to "read my mind" either. I wasn't trying bash or get back at people with this. I believe I already said that I don't even know why I posted it, Cuz It didn't have a real reason, and I most certainly don't expect any replies.

Quoting myself: To the ubuntu team, I would like to say, Keep up the good work and a most awesome distribution of linux. BUT I DON'T THINK ITS FOR ME. Keep up the good work, and thanks for listening.
    Last edited by naknak987; October 21st, 2008 at 10:31 PM.
    NETWORKED ARTIFICIAL KILLING NOCTURNAL ASSASSINATION KNIGHT

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Nice avatar.

Well, we all have bad days and if you see "bad behavior" on the forums report the post and let the mods take a look, that is what we are here for.

Although not everyone in such a large forum such as Ubuntu will agree, for the most part the mods are not heavy handed and we try to teach people how to interact using positive and productive methods, even if there may be disagreement. As such reporting posts does not get people in trouble, their own persistent (bad) behavior will get them in trouble.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    Although not everyone in such a large forum such as Ubuntu will agree, for the most part the mods are not heavy handed and we try to teach people how to interact using positive and productive methods, even if there may be disagreement. As such reporting posts does not get people in trouble, their own persistent (bad) behavior will get them in trouble.
    BANNED!!!!! For revealing the truth!!!!