Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] Songbird m4a support?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: [SOLVED] Songbird m4a support?

Ok I think I get how to create the script. However I do not have a /usr/local/songbird folder. I'm using mint 9 and I installed songbird via getdeb.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

you can find where your songbird binary is by executing the following command:

whereis songbird
    Ubooboo: Ubuntu fixes for newbs
    http://www.ubooboo.net/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks. I added "export SB_GST_SYSTEM=1" to the existing script and that fixed it.

Beans

Hi

I had the same problem (.m4a-files played under Ubuntu 9.10 and not after upgrading to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS) However I could'nt find the scripts file to put "export SB_GST_SYSTEM=1" in

I stumbled on an old thread explaining the removal of libgst*-files in the lib-directory of Songbird (in my case /opt/Songbird/lib/) would stop a collision between Ubuntu/OtherLinux versions of Gstreamer* and Songbirds ditto --- VOILA removing the libgst* files in the Songbirds lib-directory made the .m4a-files play again

/Bo.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 1jackjack View Post
    I already had the gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg package installed, but couldnt play m4a files. It was the SB_GST_SYSTEM=1 tip that fixed it for me. Thanks andree_b!!!

I put it in a little script, which I now use to run songbird flawlessly:

#!/bin/sh
    export SB_GST_SYSTEM=1
    /usr/local/songbird/songbird
    OK noob question...which file do you put this in? I'm running 10.04 if that makes a difference. The songbird directory is /etc/songbird/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i put it in my home bin directory: /home/jack/bin/songbird-fix

then as long as that directory is in your $PATH, which i think it is by default (check by executing: echo $PATH), you should now be able to run the fixed version of songbird by executing: songbird-fix
    Ubooboo: Ubuntu fixes for newbs
    http://www.ubooboo.net/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by c1k2j3c4 View Post
    Forgive me here, but I'm a linux noob. How did you do that fix.
    Use any editor (e.g., gedit) in a console window to create a file songbird.sh, maybe on your bin directory: (don't type the $)

$ gedit /home/<your username>/bin/songbird.sh

Type in this one line into the file:
    SB_GST_SYSTEM=1 songbird

Save it.

Then change the permissions on this file to make it runnable
    $ chmod 755 /home/<your username>/bin/songbird.sh

Right-click the songbird icon on your panel to open the properties window.

In the "Command" field type /home/<your username>/bin/songbird.sh and the properties window.

From now on clicking on the songbird icon will run your script, which sets the value for the variable and starts songbird.

If anything is unclear, please post.

Good luck,
    wp

Beans

hi,

I tried what was suggested in this thread (created the script, redirected my songbird shortcut to it). The problem is that the script *doesn't* start Songbird, and when I try to use the other shortcut under "application" it says "no such file or directory."

I can manually run songbird by going into /opt/songbird/songbird, but sadly the M4A's still don't work.

Beans

I also installed faac, as per this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1454577

But it still doesn't work. When I open songbird in terminal, I get this error messages... don't know if this is standard or not:

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmpegdemux.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmpegdemux.so: undefined symbol: gst_structure_id_get

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaac.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaac.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_uint64_scale_round

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstwavpack.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstwavpack.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_uint64_scale_round

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstjpeg.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstjpeg.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_get_category

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdvdspu.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdvdspu.so: undefined symbol: gst_video_event_parse_still_frame

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstshout2.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstshout2.so: undefined symbol: gst_poll_new_timer

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstaudioparsersbad.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstaudioparsersbad.so: undefined symbol: gst_byte_reader_masked_scan_uint32

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstvideo4linux2.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstvideo4linux2.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_get_category

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstapp.so': /usr/lib/libgstapp-0.10.so.0: undefined symbol: gst_buffer_list_get_type

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstaiff.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstaiff.so: undefined symbol: gst_byte_writer_put_uint32_be

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstavi.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstavi.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_dump_mem

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstjpegformat.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstjpegformat.so: undefined symbol: gst_byte_writer_put_uint8

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdeinterlace.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdeinterlace.so: undefined symbol: gst_video_event_parse_still_frame

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstrawparse.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstrawparse.so: undefined symbol: gst_video_format_new_caps_interlaced

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstlibvisual.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstlibvisual.so: undefined symbol: gst_adapter_prev_timestamp

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpeg.so: undefined symbol: gst_adapter_prev_timestamp

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcelt.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcelt.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_uint64_scale_round

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstsubparse.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstsubparse.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_double_to_fraction

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaad.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaad.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_uint64_scale_round

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpegcolorspace.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstffmpegcolorspace.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_get_category

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libresindvd.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libresindvd.so: undefined symbol: gst_navigation_event_parse_command

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstsiren.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstsiren.so: undefined symbol: gst_adapter_prev_timestamp

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsth264parse.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsth264parse.so: undefined symbol: gst_adapter_prev_timestamp

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstschro.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstschro.so: undefined symbol: gst_adapter_masked_scan_uint32

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmatroska.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstmatroska.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_array_binary_search

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstofa.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstofa.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_uint64_scale_round

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstqtmux.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstqtmux.so: undefined symbol: gst_byte_writer_put_uint32_be

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstspeex.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstspeex.so: undefined symbol: gst_util_uint64_scale_round

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdv.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdv.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_list_new_full

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsthdvparse.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgsthdvparse.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_dump_mem

(songbird-bin:6395): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstx264.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstx264.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_dump_mem

(songbird-bin:6391): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large

Beans

Just an update: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Songbird 2.1.0a Build 2300

Creating a file called songbird.sh
    #!/bin/sh
    export SB_GST_SYSTEM=1
    /opt/Songbird/songbird

And setting properties to execute (sudo chmod 755 songbird.sh)

Songbird still plays .m4a-files (SB_GST_SYSTEM=1 means that Songbird will use the system plugins instead of its own...)

/Bo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12