Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Logitech illuminated keyboard.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Logitech illuminated keyboard.

Is anyone using the new Logitech illuminated keyboard?
    I read that it plays well with Linux-any feedback from the forum?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Logitech illuminated keyboard.

FYI-It does work!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

How well do the media keys work? Do you have to press two keys for every media function? I would think that would get annoying to have to press two keys every time you want to change the volume. I love the media keys on my old keyboard, but the text keys are starting to stick so I am looking for a new one. Thanks for any feedback you can give on the media keys, and the keyboard in general.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I am curious about this keyboard as well.

How well do the media keys work? Do you have to press two keys for every media function?
    I have seen on some old forum posts, 2005, that the backlighting in the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard does not work in Linux. The illuminated keys would be certainly helpful to me.

Rodney

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I answered myself with a little searching, this is a full review done this year -

http://www.everythingusb.com/logitec...ard-15319.html

" We also conducted testing with the keyboard under MacOS X 10.5.4 and Ubuntu Linux 8.0.4 which both appear to operate correctly with the keyboard albeit that you don't have the luxury of using Logitech's SetPoint software under either operating systems. The function keys also seem to work and launch the operating systems default assigned internet browser, email client, etc. "
    By default the media keys are accessed by holding down the Function (Fn) key and simultaneously selecting the media key associated (F1, F2, F3...F12) with the function you are looking for.
    This doesn't sound to bad, the function key is next to the right hand control key, it would seem to be easy to press with your right hand and use your left hand for the media key.
    The sound volume, mute and backlight control have there own separate buttons above the numpad.

The Logitech Illuminated Keyboard is quite simply a pleasure to use,

Rodney.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thanks Rodney9. After thinking about it further and reading the review you referenced, I think I'm going to get the Logitech WAVE keyboard instead. I've decided I need the keyboard comfort more than the backlighting.

Beans

I got one of these yesterday. It lights up, very nice. But at bootup it hangs up. To go forward I have to hit f12, boot to hard drive, then it boots.

Any ideas?

My computer is Dell Mini 10V, running Ubuntu 9.04 OS.

thanks

Jim
    == Hey it wasnt the keyboard afterall. It was an older usb hub causing the boot error, as soon as I removed the external disk drive from that hub the bootup thing went away.

I changed more than 1 config at a time... my bad
    Last edited by sunwatt; July 14th, 2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: fixed problem myself

Beans

So, is the backlighting working under Ubuntu? The lighting has 4 modes, from off to very bright, is that adjustable from Linux as well?

Thanks!

Bart

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by verwilst View Post
    So, is the backlighting working under Ubuntu? The lighting has 4 modes, from off to very bright, is that adjustable from Linux as well?

Thanks!

Bart
    Yes, works fine. You adjust the backlighting with a keyboard key.

Regards,
    Fabio

Beans
    Hidden!

+1

I have one and the lighting is great, the touch is fantastic and it's really thin

It's the best keyboard I have used so far, ever, period and I've used quite a few.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast