Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOWTO: JBidWatcher

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: HOWTO: JBidWatcher

Quote Originally Posted by Endolith View Post
    In GNOME, just add a menu entry for "java -jar /home/username/Programs/jBidWatcher". Easy.

(Though double-clicking a .jar file should ideally launch the program without any additional effort, and GNOME popping up a balloon notification asking you if you'd like a launcher to be automatically created would be even easier.)
    This worked very well, thanks.

Found the pretty icon here:

http://g.imagehost.org/download/0415/jb.svg

place into:

/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/

And don't forget to change the ownership of the jb.svg file:

chown root:root /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/jb.svg
    The worlds misfortunes can be explained, quite simply, by acknowledging that the vast majority of its peoples suffer the debilitating effects of having Faecal Encephalopathy.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

When is the last time this was updated? Do these intructions still work? What's the best way to get this program?

Beans

I haven't been having luck installing on anything from 9.10 on up; luckily I have prior installs that I've been able to update, though I still have to launch it from konsole.
    This application really needs the benefit of a "no-brainer" type installer for us poor geeklings with memory problems...

On another note; the most recent install attempt on a 10.x machine resulted in a failed sun java install that really tossed a wrench into things.
    The dang "OK" input on the release acknowledgement was non-responsive, resulting in opening a real can of worms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12