Thread: Listen to FM.

Beans

Listen to FM.

Hi ,
    I was wondering if there is a way to listen to a radio station using some software ? I mean Im in India and there's a radio station @ 98.3 FM .. I would like to listen to it using my PC and Internet..

I dont know if its possible..

Please Enlighten me..

Thanks
    The truth is always beautiful, no matter how ugly it might seem at first.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Listen to FM.

I think you have to have a FM Radio sound card, and then find a tuner for it. I've never done this, though.
    "Security lies within the user of who runs the system. Think smart, live safe." - Dr Small
    Linux User #441960 | Wiki: DrSmall

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

In order to do so it would require some kind of hardware. Probably just an FM tuner of some sort. But to actually listen to FM through just the internet wont work. Of course theres your online radio stations that come with some media players and theres always the choice to just buy a cheapo radio and hook it up to your computer. Which would allow you to record whatever goes through the radio.
    This might be what your looking for http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815293003

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Get the name of the Radio station, and give it a search on the internet, maybe they have a internet streaming service?
    A computer is only as powerful as the user who uses it.