Thread: No HD found

Beans

Thumbs down No HD found

Hi there. Due to purchasing a new computer I would like to change the setup on my ubuntu-laptop.

I want to format it completely and install xp + ubuntu in a dual boot enviroment. Problem is, when i start the xp install, it cannot find any HD's. How do I format and make the partition ntfs(dont know if I need to do this.)

(Acer Travelmate 6291)
    Acer 6291 : Ubuntu 7.10
    Huawei E220 drivers for linux: https://forge.vodafonebetavine.net/f...&release_id=19

Beans

Re: No HD found

It will probably be connected with SATA then,which means the XP installer does not have any drivers. Looks for the SATA drivers from the computer's manufacturer site and download them to a floppy or CD or something. When the installation is just starting and it says "Press F6 to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver" do that and locate the driver.
    "If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, Of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?" -Albert Einstein.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mormor View Post
    Hi there. Due to purchasing a new computer I would like to change the setup on my ubuntu-laptop.

I want to format it completely and install xp + ubuntu in a dual boot enviroment. Problem is, when i start the xp install, it cannot find any HD's. How do I format and make the partition ntfs(dont know if I need to do this.)

(Acer Travelmate 6291)
    Does the laptop function/boot now. Whats on it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Usually you can go into bios and disable the settings from automatically recognizing sata drives - once disabled, xp 'sees' that there is a hard drive there.
    Windows is the best virus detector on the market!
    Ubuntu attracts Human Beings - Windows attracts viruses and worms