Thread: Delco Ubuntu Users?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Delco Ubuntu Users?

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forums and all but have been using Ubuntu on and off for years. I originally started using Linux with the Slackware distro when I was in high school but then got turned on to Ubuntu.

I was wondering if there are any people in Delco who meet up monthly to converse and share info about linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Delco Ubuntu Users?

Welcome,

I would be up for a Delco LUG.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Well I would definitely like to get this going soon. Doesn't seem like there is allot of Delco people here though if you're the only one who responded.

Where do you think we should meet and what time of the month? Like the first Friday or something of that nature.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Many of the members of the PA LoCo are located in that general area. Many of them are also active in our IRC channel (#ubuntu-us-pa on Freenode).

You might also be interested in PLUG.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Gigabit,

I'm in Delco. You'll see me on the map in Norwood.

A regular gathering sounds like fun. Unfortunately, whatever free time I've had lately I've been spending on LoCo projects, like this dual-boot project at NTR.

Although that's in downtown Philly it could be a temporary place to meet and also bang out some linux related work with NTR. Myself and a couple other LoCo members plan to be there every 3rd Saturday of the month.

Did you have any locations in mind for the Delco area? I'm kinda new here so I can't think of any place accept maybe a library or a D&D.