Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Compiz, Head Tracking, and the 3d Interface

Beans

Re: Compiz, Head Tracking, and the 3d Interface

Quote Originally Posted by unsungboxer View Post
    can someone write some easy to understand install instructions? Ive downloaded and extracted the snapshot. I keep getting an error when i try to run ./configure ... error 127 cant find ...._options.sh.

Tried make, and make install. No luck. Using latest compiz and ubuntu ibex.
    You need the compiz dev packages, beyond which it's just "make && make install". For further support with Compiz, head over to the the C-F forum.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by WindowsSucks View Post
    You need the compiz dev packages, beyond which it's just "make && make install". For further support with Compiz, head over to the the C-F forum.

thanks for the quick response. I downloaded the dev pkgs from synaptic. opened terminal and:

unsung@ubuntu:~/Desktop/headtracking$ make
    bcop'ing : build/headtracking.xml -> build/headtracking_options.h/bin/sh: --header=build/headtracking_options.h: not found
    make: *** [build/headtracking_options.h] Error 127
    unsung@ubuntu:~/Desktop/headtracking$ make install
    bcop'ing : build/headtracking.xml -> build/headtracking_options.h/bin/sh: --header=build/headtracking_options.h: not found
    make: *** [build/headtracking_options.h] Error 127
    sorry, noobish question, normally I don't have these issues. I am really excited to get this working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Something about that video looks completely backwards. Shouldn't the window in the background have little movement, and the windows in the foreground move a lot more (because they're "closer" to the user)?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by diablo75 View Post
    Something about that video looks completely backwards. Shouldn't the window in the background have little movement, and the windows in the foreground move a lot more (because they're "closer" to the user)?
    The desktop isn't included in the 3d stacking process as it's a pain to deal with. The window directly in front is at screen level, so as compared to the rest of the screen (ie, the bezel) it shouldn't move at all. Everything behind it, except for the spacetime-defying wallpaper moves as if it were behind it.

If anything is wrong, don't blame me, blame OpenGL, as nothing is actually moving except windows on the Z axis and the camera point.

Regardless, the effect you described is possible with the keybindings I included for manually moving windows, but without input redirection having the top window move would make the entire system completely unusable.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi! I can't compile the plugin I installed opencv, the dependencies I saw here and from C-F forums, but still I can't compile.
    I'm very excited with this plugin. Please, does anybody know what to do to get rid of these errors?
    Here is my output:

Code:
    mirhciulica@ubuntu:~/Desktop/headtracking$ make
    compiling : facedetect.c -> build/facedetect.lofacedetect.c:15:23: error: opencv/cv.h: No such file or directory
    facedetect.c:16:28: error: opencv/highgui.h: No such file or directory
    facedetect.c:28: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    facedetect.c:29: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    facedetect.c:30: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    facedetect.c:31: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    facedetect.c:37: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    facedetect.c:40: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    facedetect.c:41: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
    facedetect.c: In function ‘init’:
    facedetect.c:128: error: ‘cascade’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:128: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    facedetect.c:128: error: for each function it appears in.)
    facedetect.c:128: error: ‘CvHaarClassifierCascade’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:128: error: expected expression before ‘)’ token
    facedetect.c:130: error: ‘storage’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:130: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvCreateMemStorage’
    facedetect.c:130: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvCreateMemStorage’
    facedetect.c:131: error: ‘capture’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:131: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvCaptureFromCAM’
    facedetect.c:131: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvCaptureFromCAM’
    facedetect.c:138: error: ‘frame_copy’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:139: error: ‘trackingPoint’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:139: error: ‘CvPoint2D32f’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:139: error: expected expression before ‘)’ token
    facedetect.c:140: error: expected expression before ‘)’ token
    facedetect.c:143: error: ‘prevGray’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:143: error: ‘gray’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:144: error: ‘prevPyramid’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:144: error: ‘pyramid’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c: In function ‘end’:
    facedetect.c:164: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvReleaseImage’
    facedetect.c:164: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvReleaseImage’
    facedetect.c:164: error: ‘frame_copy’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:165: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvReleaseCapture’
    facedetect.c:165: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvReleaseCapture’
    facedetect.c:165: error: ‘capture’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c: In function ‘headtrack’:
    facedetect.c:241: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvRound’
    facedetect.c:241: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvRound’
    facedetect.c: In function ‘headtrackThread’:
    facedetect.c:289: error: ‘IplImage’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:289: error: ‘frame’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:292: error: ‘capture’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:296: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvGrabFrame’
    facedetect.c:296: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvGrabFrame’
    facedetect.c:297: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvRetrieveFrame’
    facedetect.c:297: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvRetrieveFrame’
    facedetect.c:299: error: ‘frame_copy’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:300: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvCreateImage’
    facedetect.c:300: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvCreateImage’
    facedetect.c:300: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvSize’
    facedetect.c:300: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvSize’
    facedetect.c:300: error: ‘IPL_DEPTH_8U’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:301: error: ‘IPL_ORIGIN_TL’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:302: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvCopy’
    facedetect.c:302: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvCopy’
    facedetect.c:304: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvFlip’
    facedetect.c:304: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvFlip’
    facedetect.c: In function ‘detect’:
    facedetect.c:315: error: ‘IplImage’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:315: error: ‘small_img’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:322: error: ‘subimg’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:322: error: ‘eig’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:322: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
    facedetect.c:322: error: ‘temp’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:322: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
    facedetect.c:323: error: ‘CvPoint2D32f’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:323: error: ‘swapPoint’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:326: error: ‘CvPoint’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:326: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘pt’
    facedetect.c:334: error: ‘gray’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:335: error: ‘frame_copy’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:336: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvAlloc’
    facedetect.c:336: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvAlloc’
    facedetect.c:337: error: ‘prevGray’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:337: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvGetSize’
    facedetect.c:337: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvGetSize’
    facedetect.c:338: error: ‘prevPyramid’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:339: error: ‘pyramid’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:345: error: ‘cascade’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:346: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvCvtColor’
    facedetect.c:346: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvCvtColor’
    facedetect.c:346: error: ‘CV_BGR2GRAY’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:358: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvResize’
    facedetect.c:358: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvResize’
    facedetect.c:358: error: ‘CV_INTER_LINEAR’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:359: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvEqualizeHist’
    facedetect.c:359: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvEqualizeHist’
    facedetect.c:360: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvClearMemStorage’
    facedetect.c:360: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvClearMemStorage’
    facedetect.c:360: error: ‘storage’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:361: error: ‘CvSeq’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:361: error: ‘faces’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:361: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvHaarDetectObjects’
    facedetect.c:361: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvHaarDetectObjects’
    facedetect.c:363: error: ‘CV_HAAR_FIND_BIGGEST_OBJECT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:370: error: ‘CvRect’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:370: error: ‘r’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:370: error: expected expression before ‘)’ token
    facedetect.c:377: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvSetImageROI’
    facedetect.c:377: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvSetImageROI’
    facedetect.c:377: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvRect’
    facedetect.c:377: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvRect’
    facedetect.c:380: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvResetImageROI’
    facedetect.c:380: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvResetImageROI’
    facedetect.c:384: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvGoodFeaturesToTrack’
    facedetect.c:384: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvGoodFeaturesToTrack’
    facedetect.c:384: error: ‘trackingPoint’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:389: error: ‘pt’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:389: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvPointFrom32f’
    facedetect.c:389: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvPointFrom32f’
    facedetect.c:390: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvPoint2D32f’
    facedetect.c:390: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvPoint2D32f’
    facedetect.c:416: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvCalcOpticalFlowPyrLK’
    facedetect.c:416: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvCalcOpticalFlowPyrLK’
    facedetect.c:416: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cvTermCriteria’
    facedetect.c:416: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘cvTermCriteria’
    facedetect.c:416: error: ‘CV_TERMCRIT_ITER’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:416: error: ‘CV_TERMCRIT_EPS’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:417: error: ‘CV_LKFLOW_PYR_A_READY’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    facedetect.c:444: error: request for member ‘x’ in something not a structure or union
    facedetect.c:444: error: request for member ‘x’ in something not a structure or union
    facedetect.c:445: error: request for member ‘y’ in something not a structure or union
    facedetect.c:445: error: request for member ‘y’ in something not a structure or union
    facedetect.c:446: error: request for member ‘x’ in something not a structure or union
    facedetect.c:446: error: request for member ‘x’ in something not a structure or union
    facedetect.c:447: error: request for member ‘y’ in something not a structure or union
    facedetect.c:447: error: request for member ‘y’ in something not a structure or union
    facedetect.c:457: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘CV_SWAP’
    facedetect.c:457: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘CV_SWAP’
    make: *** [build/facedetect.lo] Error 1
    Thanks!
    Laptop: Acer Aspire 6930G Core2Duo T5800 2.0GHz, 4GB DDR2, 250GB HDD, 9300M GS 512MB, Audio 5.1 DHT. ArchLinux
    Desktop: Intel Pentium D 2.8GHz, 2GB DDR2, 460GB HDD, 7300GT 256MB, Creative Audigy SE. Ubuntu 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

What dumb I am I forgot to compile opencv.
    Sorry for that useless post.
    Laptop: Acer Aspire 6930G Core2Duo T5800 2.0GHz, 4GB DDR2, 250GB HDD, 9300M GS 512MB, Audio 5.1 DHT. ArchLinux
    Desktop: Intel Pentium D 2.8GHz, 2GB DDR2, 460GB HDD, 7300GT 256MB, Creative Audigy SE. Ubuntu 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by geoken View Post
    All you need to do is translate the face tracking commands, to keyboard commands then let the game's own engine handle the translation.
    Yes indeed - I cannot understand why this technique would need huge processing power. I thought that 3D scene rendering (in real-time) was already done by calculating what would be seen from the current viewpoint. Sure translating the player or observer viewpoint taking into account the head position AND the relative screen position to the 3D scene would add a little to the calcs, but I can't see how it is dramatically different. Perhaps the head tracking / face tracking needs some major processor time, but hey, we have multi-core and possibly multi-processor in all new machines these days. Give it a couple of years and the tracking will be calculated by software embedded in the webcam anyway.

Why would an outdoor scene cause any more problems than it already does? (I realize that there has to be a distance cut-off point to keep the processing down and the framerate up - hence mist/haze and the dreaded pop-ups).
    I used to have a handle on life, but it snapped off.
    Ubuntu user number # 12234

Beans

thanks for the quick response. I downloaded the dev pkgs from synaptic. opened terminal and:

sorry, noobish question, normally I don't have these issues. I am really excited to get this working.
    i installed those packages as well and get the exact same error, ive tried compiling a few different ways and still no luck, i searched all over the web but i guess i was looking in all the wrong places

Beans

i installed those packages as well and get the exact same error, ive tried compiling a few different ways and still no luck, i searched all over the web but i guess i was looking in all the wrong places, thanks ahead of time for anyone who has a solution

Beans

sorry for the double post, my internet was flipping out and im new to the forums and couldnt figure out how to delete the second one lol

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast