Thread: lexmark x1150 wont work

Beans

lexmark x1150 wont work

I just replaced my windows wit ubuntu 8.04 and my printer won't work. It can find the printer but wen i try 2 print something nothing happens can anyone help? Thanx!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: lexmark x1150 wont work

Quote Originally Posted by pnjabi4lyfe View Post
    I just replaced my windows wit ubuntu 8.04 and my printer won't work. It can find the printer but wen i try 2 print something nothing happens can anyone help? Thanx!
    First, correctly spell all words! Because "wit" "wen" and "2" are NOT words. This is a forum, not a chat room.
    Second, look here http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenPrinting I did, and your printer is not listed.

Beans

I have a similar problem. It seems "CUPS" does not support Lexmark printers at the moment. It might be worth considering a different printer. Epsom printers seem to be supported.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

you may want to look here... http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ighlight=X1150 it has a detailed explanation of how to get your lexmark working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Lexmark = junk ... sorry to say. (suitable for a truck chock or door stop)
    (Goodwill in our area will not accept Lexmark as a donation! ... you have to take it to another place such as St Vincent DePaul!)
    You MAY, with a lot of work and research, find a way to get that thing to work, but it is still the Yugo of printers.
    They change their standards for the print engine/driver as often as I change my sox, keeping up with them via reverse engineering (since they do not acknowledge the existence of Linux), is an exercise in futility for the peeps that write the drivers.

HP, on the other hand, WORKS! (so do some others such as Epson and Cannon)