Thread: Dell 1525 Ubuntu 8.04.1 Right clicks randomly

Beans

Cool Dell 1525 Ubuntu 8.04.1 Right clicks randomly

Hi everyone, I have a irritating problem with my ubuntu installation on a Dell 1525. I've had this since I first installed ubuntu on it (came with vista).
    Every now and then the computer starts right clicking randomly. Sometimes it's slow ( say once or twice every 30 seconds) and sometimes it's fast (once or twice every second) And then all of a sudden it stops, and I can go about my business as normal. This happens when I have a mouse plugged in USB, or with no external mouse plugged in.

I don't really know where to look for this kind of problem, but at least xev shows this as right clicks, when it happens.

Please help me solve this wierd problem.
    oh btw, I did try to search for this but including the words "right click" really gives too many threads.

Please ask me for more information if it might help.

Beans

Re: Dell 1525 Ubuntu 8.04.1 Right clicks randomly

did you ever find a answer to the random clicks? Cause i got a Dell 1525 this weekend and I am having the same clicks. I don't remember if it did it on vista. But it did it with OSX and still does it now. I'm currently using ubuntu 8.10. Oh don't bother installing OSX btw, it works put way to many bugs you have to deal with. Plus it doesn't find all the hardware like ubuntu does.

Hey i have another question for you. I set my laptop to hibernate when i close the lid, but when i close the lid. The laptop shuts down. Does yours do that in 8.04? If it did where you able to fix that? cause thats going to get annoying.

Thanks