Thread: Katapult in Kubuntu 8.10

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Katapult in Kubuntu 8.10

Hello,

First off, kudos on this release! I know my opinion is one of many, but I've played with every beta of ubuntu and kubuntu since 6.10 and this one is by far holding more promise than any other release so far IMO.

One quick question, has katapult been ported to KDE 4? If so, are there any plans to put it back in the kubuntu repositories?
    "Its easy to come up with new ideas, the hard part is letting go of what worked for you two years ago, but will soon be out of date." -Roger von Oech

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Katapult in Kubuntu 8.10

I believe Katapult has been superseded by Krunner. The author of Katapult intends to wait and see if there's any need to extend Krunner, and rewrite Katapult based on the Krunner database.

So... for now, no. Just use Krunner. I have it mapped to alt+space for familiarity and it works well.
    my shiz: http://inportb.com/
    use Dropbox if you need an awesome free file hosting service; please follow my referral link for an extra 256MB of free storage.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Katapult in Kubuntu 8.10

Thanks for the information!

"Its easy to come up with new ideas, the hard part is letting go of what worked for you two years ago, but will soon be out of date." -Roger von Oech