Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: YouTube with a PPC Linux system - is it possible?

Beans

Re: YouTube with a PPC Linux system - is it possible?

Amazing!!! Powerbook G4 with 10.04 ubuntu this workaround is perfect. Took a little tooling around with the YWOF preferences but I was able to get it to a very nice streaming quality. ( Changed the default quality to MP4 - high; generic player MIME to application/x-mplayer2. Before doing this the videos were unwatchable-y choppy / no sound. ) I'm sure this can be reworked to handle other streaming media websites.

Beans

epiphany and midori work with youtube if you choose the html5 option.

Minitube is a very easy option that I use most for quick viewing then switch to clive or cclive or youtube-dl if I want to keep the file

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=51504

Also gnash is quite usable now, though you do need to keep a killall -gtk-gnash in your menu I find it very helpful in getting the actual URL I need to down load a file even if gnash can't play it.

All the above on Debian testing

Beans

I have not read every post in this forum so i appologize if i am re-posting what some else already said, but you can view certain youtube files in HTML5 using an appropriate web browser like Opera 10.(something) goto

http://www.youtube.com/html5

it will tell you what browsers support it

this is still in beta for you tube so only certain videos work, also for all of you die hard firefox fans there is a firefox that supports HTML5 but it is still in beta as well so i would not reccomend it yet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123