Here is the deal,
I'm thinking of buying a new printer. But it sounds confusing indeed. Until i found THIS POST and it made it clearer enough to ask some questions here and here they r :
1. My weekly print volume equals a minimum of 280 page/week so a B&W Laser printer fits, but generally Laser printer r more expensive than inkjets ,,,Any recommendations?
2. Other thought could be a Brother inkjet not HP because of the cartridge availability
HP, Lexmark or Dell. These manufacturers all use an ink cartridge with a built in print head, but also use a method which puts three different colours all in one cartridge - when one color is run out the cartridge is finished. Epson, Canon and Brother all use a technology where the print head is built into the printer, so as you finish one color you just replace that ink tank - a much cheaper option immediately
But i read some posts about HP better Linux compatibility...
So is there a way to buy a HP inkjet printer and in the same time avoid replacing cartridges problems?
3. If u have any personal experience with both HP vs. Brother under Linux, and would like to share plz do it
4. I tried to google for some specific printer forums, but most of them have a limited activity ..if u recommend an active forum it will be great.