Thread: Problem with window title font in Compiz preview plugin

Beans

Problem with window title font in Compiz preview plugin

I'm using the "Window Preview" plugin for Compiz (up-to-date Hardy), but when I turn on the option for displaying window titles, the font that is displayed is blocky and unreadable. This happens regardless of the font size I select. I do not have this problem in other Compiz plugins that may display the window title (such as Scale); it seemingly only happens in the Preview plugin. I've attached a screenshot. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Problem with window title font in Compiz preview plugin

I've isolated the problem to an extent. If I make the font white, it appears, but the spaces in the letters are black. This means I need a black background for the display to work correctly, but unfortunately there is no option for this in Window Preview. In other contexts (such as Scale), this is possible. It's a workaround, though. The problem is that the text is not displaying properly.

The screenshot shows the problem better than I can describe it. Again, this is after I turned the font to white, compared with black in the previous screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Problem with window title font in Compiz preview plugin

This appears to be due a bug in libcairo:

"The bug reveals itself if sub-pixel rendering is enabled and rgba_order 'VRGB' is selected." This is the case with my rotated monitor.

The issue may be fixed in Intepid, due to recent patches in libcairo:

Guess I'll find out in a couple weeks...