I am seriously considering a switch from Apple to an open-source ubuntu pre-installed machine and I'm impressed with everything I've read and heard about System 76. As an avid gamer I'm having a hard time choosing between the Pangolin and the Serval models. I'm a Linux (computers in general really) NOOB but was hoping that the answers to a few questions could help me make my decision.

1) The only differences that I can see between the two models are the display resolution, RAM (DDR2 vs. DDR3), and the video card - but that doesn't seem to explain the $1000 price difference. Am I missing something?

2) Will the nVidia 9800M GTS work in the Pangolin model even though it uses DDR2 RAM? If so, is it possible to get the Pangolin with this video card instead of the 9300 (I've heard the 9800 is much better than the 9300M GS) If not, would I be able to install the 9800 or a better card myself?

3) Finally, if you can even answer this I would love to know if System 76 will be announcing any changes to its laptop line in the near future? (I'm looking to buy early December/January)

Basically I just want to make sure that I'm able to play Diablo III and Starcraft when they're released. Any help would be much appreciated. Keep up the good work!!