Thread: Could I download more than 2 weeks of TV schedules?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Could I download more than 2 weeks of TV schedules?

I am using Schedules Direct for my TV guide data, but I am wondering if it is possible to download a month or so of data at one time. I am probably the most high-tech guy that refuses to pay for internet access at home. So I have to bring my computer into work once every 10 days to download the data. It doesn't matter too much, but I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to set this up for more than 2 weeks worth of data. Although, I'm not sure if Schedules Direct even has this much data available to download.

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Could I download more than 2 weeks of TV schedules?

I don't know the answer to your question, but could you use some kind of free dial-up service just to run the schedules direct download? I don't know how up-to-date this site is (free ISPs for Mac or Linux:
    http://home.pacbell.net/dbk4297/freeisp.html#MAC
    Last edited by larsolav; October 16th, 2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Insert question mark

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Could I download more than 2 weeks of TV schedules?

Quote Originally Posted by Caps18 View Post
    I am using Schedules Direct for my TV guide data, but I am wondering if it is possible to download a month or so of data at one time. I am probably the most high-tech guy that refuses to pay for internet access at home. So I have to bring my computer into work once every 10 days to download the data. It doesn't matter too much, but I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to set this up for more than 2 weeks worth of data. Although, I'm not sure if Schedules Direct even has this much data available to download.

Thanks.
    Wow... no internet at home. I lived that way from 1996 to 1998. Anyway, I believe this was asked recently and the answer was no, there is no way to get more than 14 days. But perhaps there is an easier way than lugging a computer around... check out this message about offline updates from Schedules Direct:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list...v/users/328702

There are other threads which will give you hints as to the correct command line options. Not having done it myself, I don't want to suggest something that might be wrong or outdated.

Have fun,

Marc