Thread: [SOLVED] Went from Lightning 0.7 to 0.8... and lost all my appointments!

Beans

[SOLVED] Went from Lightning 0.7 to 0.8... and lost all my appointments!

Hi

Okay, the Katie -v- Lightning saga has evolved...

I upgraded to 0.8 (0.9 doesn't work for me at all!) and lost all my appointments. I thought maybe they'd be stored in a folder on my system somewhere and I'd just need to update my Thunderbird/Lightning settings, but I have no idea where that folder might be! I searched for docs and folders called Lightning but I'm still none the wiser.

Can anyone throw me a lifeline please? I'm on Hardy Heron. And a total newbie, as if anyone couldn't guess.

Thanks

Beans

Re: Went from Lightning 0.7 to 0.8... and lost all my appointments!

Oh for *%$" sake. NOTHING works in Lightning now. I can't change the view from monthly - weekly, daily whatever, NONE of them work.

I upgraded to 0.8 by downloading the file, saving to my desktop and installing through the Thunderbird-> Add ons route. After restarting TBird, I couldn't change the view in L0.8.

So I decided to go back to 0.7. Okay, it meant I couldn't use RTM but at least I could use the basic blo*dy calendar.

So disabled L0.8, restarted TBird, installed and enabled L0.7, restarted TBird again... and same bl**dy problem! Can't change the view, can't make new appointments, still can't see all my old appointments...

I'm frustrated by my lack of knowledge and Linux skills. I have a vague idea that there may be a command I can tap into the terminal to display errors, but I don't know how to do that so I can't give you any more info.

Would appreciate some guidance please before I through this damned machine out of the window.

Thanks,
    K