Thread: Questions about direct X and dynamic shadows

Beans

Questions about direct X and dynamic shadows

Hi all!

I have Crossover Games and I love it. I have a few questions though...

1. How do I update Crossover Games. Does it update itself like the rest of the system?

2. Direct X, I can has? The only game I really play on this machine is World of Warcraft, which recently introduced dynamic shadows. These dynamic shadows don't seem to be available running the game in OpenGL mode.

3. Is it worth trying it out in Direct X mode?

4. What is the probability of this feature being made available in the OpenGL mode?

5. I have tried DX mode before and my frame rates were cut in half. Is there still such a big difference? Has the Wine team made any big breakthroughs adopting DX code yet?

Thanks! Should be an interesting discussion.

PS

6. Why wouldn't dynamic shadows be available for OpenGL? Lol dynamic shadows are old news... like Neverwinter Nights era old news.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Questions about direct X and dynamic shadows

Quote Originally Posted by jasontu View Post
    Hi all!

I have Crossover Games and I love it. I have a few questions though...

1. How do I update Crossover Games. Does it update itself like the rest of the system?

2. Direct X, I can has? The only game I really play on this machine is World of Warcraft, which recently introduced dynamic shadows. These dynamic shadows don't seem to be available running the game in OpenGL mode.

3. Is it worth trying it out in Direct X mode?

4. What is the probability of this feature being made available in the OpenGL mode?

5. I have tried DX mode before and my frame rates were cut in half. Is there still such a big difference? Has the Wine team made any big breakthroughs adopting DX code yet?

Thanks! Should be an interesting discussion.

PS

6. Why wouldn't dynamic shadows be available for OpenGL? Lol dynamic shadows are old news... like Neverwinter Nights era old news.
    Hi

This forum is really more for Wine as available from http://winehq.org/download or packaged from your distro. If you have questions about crossover you should use the crossover forums. http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums