View Poll Results: Do you think this project sounds like a good idea?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • No

1 16.67%
  • Maybe

2 33.33%

Thread: Special Project: Ubuntu Linux Guide for the Windows Expert

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Special Project: Ubuntu Linux Guide for the Windows Expert

Calling all Ubuntu users in the Chicagoland area. I am decided to finally get off my laurels and make a manual for Ubuntu Linux for the seasoned and veteran Windows IT professional. After nearly ten years of supporting Windows environments, I have to say mentally adjusting to Linux can be a mentally fatiguing task.

So, I am spearheading, to my knowledge, the first online manual designed specifically to suit the needs of a veteran Windows IT professional who wants to start using Ubuntu Linux.

I plan to do this by utilizing the following:

#1. Creating a project wiki on Launchpad and putting together a team of Windows gone Linux guiys like myself.

#2. Outlining the most common procedures from my ten years of experience, and the teams experience and then comparing them to the Linux equivalents.

#3. Making it all look pretty with screen shots and step by steps, etc...glossary, etc.

This is just my seed idea for now. I am rather tired and will revise the idea when I have had some rest.

If you are interested in contributing to this project, please send me a private message.

Also, regardless if you plan to contribute or not please take the time to vote yes in this poll whether or not you think its good idea or not.

Thanks.

-BR
    Do you live in the Chicago area? Join the Chicago Ubuntu LoCo. *Check it out here.*

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Special Project: Ubuntu Linux Guide for the Windows Expert

Has this gone anywhere?

I'd love to see a handbook made.
    I run an open source inventing website: http://neomenlo.org, which currently is hosting SpreadUbuntu

Beans

This sounds like a great idea.

I would donate some of my time to help with this if I thought I could help.

I only problem that I could see with it would be that this might have to be written for xp, vista, and windowz7.

If you make the project in launchpad, link it up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I'm tempted to just go create a wiki page on ubuntu's wiki right now.

Not great for formatting, but perfect for collecting content.
    I run an open source inventing website: http://neomenlo.org, which currently is hosting SpreadUbuntu

Beans
    Hidden!

I think this would be an interesting write-up, as well. However, it's pretty hard in this day and age to not be a 'former Windows user' - I'm not sure if this would help or harm your overall goal. However, if you're still interested in creating something like this, I would like to check it out