Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: centOS 5.2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: centOS 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by neoflight View Post
    Note: I am still trying to get 'suspend' working. So that's still a lingering question.
    i've always had trouble getting suspend to work on linux. consistently working suspend and hibernate are one of the few things i favor about windows.

i'm in the middle of installing centos 5.2 right now, for the first time. one thing i wonder is if it's necessary to enable some third-party repository like livna to get things like proprietary multimedia codecs (DVD, mp3, m4a and so on)?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by motoperpetuo View Post
    i've always had trouble getting suspend to work on linux. consistently working suspend and hibernate are one of the few things i favor about windows.

i'm in the middle of installing centos 5.2 right now, for the first time. one thing i wonder is if it's necessary to enable some third-party repository like livna to get things like proprietary multimedia codecs (DVD, mp3, m4a and so on)?
    See this portion of the CentOS Wiki. Remember, the Wiki and forums are your friends. CentOS is an excellent distribution.
    Spiralinear: Humanity & Machines
    RUNNING: Fedora | FreeBSD | Windows 7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

We are using CentOS for protein modeling at our lab. It is nice. I use Ubuntu at home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12