Thread: What are you thoughts on ubuntuzilla

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

What are you thoughts on ubuntuzilla

Have you tried it? It seems to be one of the easier ways for noobs to install seamonkey. Are their any drawbacks to using this?

http://ubuntuzilla.wiki.sourceforge.net/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: What are you thoughts on ubuntuzilla

well, seeing as how i'm one of the creators of ubuntuzilla, i'm a bit biased

i think the main drawback is that you are basically not using the "official" supported repository method, and thus have to take care of updates separately from the rest of the system updates.

ideally, ubuntuzilla would re-package the mozilla builds into .debs, and host own repository, so that the updates would come through the official update-manager. but that's too much trouble for me to be doing.

that said, ubuntuzilla does give you its own update notifications...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've used it in the past. Had to have firefox 2 when Dapper was stuck on firefox 1.5. Worked as advertised for me, never a problem with it.

Don't use it any more - the versions in the Ubuntu repositories are current enough for me. Would use it again if had the need for the latest version of a Mozilla product.
    UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn
    SystemRescueCd | Dual Boot | psychocats | FAQ

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Ubuntzilla was a great resource for a easy install of FF3 in Gutsy for me. I couldn't get the plugins installed with a regular download, I am not that inti IT just a working computer.